• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan Taylor from Plymouth if he becomes available, he would get plenty of assists and a few goals partnered with dare I say it Tom Nichols
Without wishing to go all malcs on the subject, surely we can do more than just look at former players?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Danny Rowe, last season Cheltenham offered a decent figure for him (see link below).

He scores goals. Not sure how long he has left on his contract. If he only has a year left they may now take a lower figure.

Sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cheltenham-town-175000-bid-turned-1868068

Last edited:

sidney

Next season we really need two energetic wing backs, Woodman as a wing back is not what you want.
Agree. I think Taylor's long term plan is to play with fast wing backs, but he simply has not had the personnel available in his squad.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree. I think Taylor's long term plan is to play with fast wing backs, but he simply has not had the personnel available in his squad.
What Liverpool do. Three in the middle, three up front, two at the back. Full backs who are capable of bombing forward and at the same time covering back to be part of a back 4 are rare beasts

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What Liverpool do. Three in the middle, three up front, two at the back. Full backs who are capable of bombing forward and at the same time covering back to be part of a back 4 are rare beasts
What we'd need to do is sign Wilson permanently, then get him cloned in a left-sided version.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jaden Brown was signed for that however Taylor must be disappointed with him.

A back 5 (wing backs) of:

Sweeney O'Shea Moxey

Wilson Brown

doesn't look bad on paper, wing backs bombing on, Sweeney and Moxey keeping an eye on the space they vacate with Collins sitting in and covering a central defender if he has to, sounds great but the reality is likely to be very different !!

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

Ryan Taylor from Plymouth if he becomes available, he would get plenty of assists and a few goals partnered with dare I say it Tom Nichols
Ryan Taylor is highly unlikely to get assists or goals, his body won't stand up to the rigours of full time football these days, maybe Cheese will fancy him for a one of his pet rehabilitation projects. We need to look forwards, not "misty eyed" backwards into the past.

IndoMike

Jaden Brown was signed for that however Taylor must be disappointed with him.

A back 5 (wing backs) of:

Sweeney O'Shea Moxey

Wilson Brown

doesn't look bad on paper, wing backs bombing on, Sweeney and Moxey keeping an eye on the space they vacate with Collins sitting in and covering a central defender if he has to, sounds great but the reality is likely to be very different !!
It depends on if our on-loan players stay or leave. But I'd like us to get a mobile goalscorer, the best version of Cureton that we could get. I'm also not very confident that Bowman will get many goals so would like an improvement there. Can't give any names..

Red Monster

Scott Wilson Macclesfield striker quick and good finisher.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully WBA go up - will give us more chance of signing O'Shea and Wilson permanently.

But it's up front where we need a massive overhaul. Bowman and Forte are good options to have on the bench/rotation but we need regular goalscorers. Wilson from Macclesfield is a good shout and Ollie Palmer from Crawley could be a good partner if he became available.

22 goal Paul McCallum from Eastleigh, 6'3", would be an excellent signing too if we get a summer windfall and have a bit of money to spend.