• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Run In

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Other things being equal, it'll be the three that have the deepest squads and fewest injuries and suspensions. If Hiram, Law et al can be fit all through, we have a decent shout.

Jake Taylor has 8 L2 yellows ATM, two more in the next 3 games (the cutoff is now 37 games) and he'll have a 2 game suspension. Mansfield and MK both have 2 players on 8 or 9, Colchester one, FGR Lincoln and Bury none.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscipline?status=0&league=33&club=10600706

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Jake has to miss two games suspended I'm pretty confident that we're strong enough in midfield to cope with that and I reckon he should be encouraged to play his normal game and not be inhibited by an impending suspension.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Jake has to miss two games suspended I'm pretty confident that we're strong enough in midfield to cope with that and I reckon he should be encouraged to play his normal game and not be inhibited by an impending suspension.
I'm sure he will. But I'm also sure opposition teams look at these stats too - easy enough to find. He's not on a run of bookings, though, so it's clearly not affecting him - it was the 4 in 5 games before Xmas that made things complicated

Terryhall

12 games to go, current prediction from 538 could leave for a couple of interesting scenarios if it pans out as they predict, with us facing Carlisle in the play off again and possibly MK Franchise (should we both succeed) in the final.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/league-two/

They still give us 25% chance of outright promotion so all is not lost:D

I still feel that Mansfield may stumble out of the autos
Never come across that website before, very cool stuff - thanks for the link!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never come across that website before, very cool stuff - thanks for the link!
They have a City win as the most likely outcome for every game from now until the FGR game.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure he will. But I'm also sure opposition teams look at these stats too - easy enough to find. He's not on a run of bookings, though, so it's clearly not affecting him - it was the 4 in 5 games before Xmas that made things complicated
Why would an opposition player care if one of our players gets a suspension? It won't affect their match

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why would an opposition player care if one of our players gets a suspension? It won't affect their match
Because whether we like it or not, gaming cautions is part and parcel of modern football. Players who have been booked or are at at risk of suspension are thought to hold back from tackles that might lead to a yellow card. Or get subbed to avoid a second yellow. Happens all the time that managers sub their best players to avoid this. Often influences the way games are played. Sometimes teams try to manipulate this to make sure any suspension is for an unimportant game - Sergio Ramos anyone?

Red Devon

Eleven game to get to 74 points for a playoff place. the autos have now probably gone.

fred binneys head

Eleven game to get to 74 points for a playoff place. the autos have now probably gone.
We're currently on 55 points, so that would mean 19 points from 11 games.

Northampton A
Macclesfield A
Colchester H
Notts County A
Mansfield H
Cheltenham A
Port Vale H
Crawley H
Stevenage A
Oldham H
Forest Green A

I reckon we'll do it, no problem.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm with you FBH, although if my feeling is right and Mansfield fall away that would leave the door open for bleeding MK to slip in - bugger (potentially)!!!!

Last edited: