• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Run In

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tomorrow's fixtures affecting our promotion/play off rivals, and a desired result:-
Notts County V Mansfield Town - Home win, unlikely even though Mansfield are without Danny Rose, Notts County current home form is not great winning one and drawing three of their last six at home
Cambridge Utd V Tranmere Rovers - Home Win - possible with Cambridge seeing a resurgence of late and currently sitting in the top five of the current form tables winning 4 of their last six matches
Carlisle Utd V MK - Draw - unlikely but possible depending whether Tisdale's side take heart from their fortunate midweek victory over Newport. Carlisle have won 5 and drawn 1 of their last six matches
Exeter City V Bury - Home win - could go either way both sides are playing well and should be an entertaining game
Forest Green Rovers V Yeovil - Away win - unlikely Yeovil are in freefall at the moment, but it has to stop somewhere, why not the vegans
Lincoln City V Stevenage - Draw - Possibly Lincoln are not on fire at the moment and although unbeaten in their last six at home, it is split between winning 3 and drawing 3, Stevenage away form very average winning 2 drawing 1 and losing 3
Macclesfield V Colchester Utd - Home win - possibly Colchester have come off the boil at the moment despite jumping back into the play offs last week, Macclesfield are indifferent
Oldham V Crewe - Draw - Crewe aren't the best travellers and Oldham have the new manager to impress so I feel it will probably be a home win despite wanting a draw.

Swindon and Newport is to be rearranged due to a small matter of an F A Cup match in Wales.

If the desired results happen then hopefully will see us back into the playoffs 3 points and a game in hand on the third place side Bury.
UTC
Yep some interesting fixtures. Carlisle vs MK could go either way but I'm expecting Carlisle to win based on current form, and I think Oldham having Scholes as manager will either mean a real upsurge or the exact opposite, but expect them to upsurge. I'm undoubtably biased but our game has to be the stand out game in the division today

mustangspeed2006

Well duh. Being a supporter I am allowed any attitude I fancy, however I am not being paid to win football matches so of course the players and manager shouldn't think the same as supporters.
Of course you are. Similarly, I'm allowed to reason why *I think* it's a bizarre attitude to take.

To those who are afraid of losing MK Dons on the way, I suggest you take Fred's advice.

Stelios

Someone else put it something like this.
The only thing to fear is fear itself.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" ;)

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course you are. Similarly, I'm allowed to reason why *I think* it's a bizarre attitude to take.

To those who are afraid of losing MK Dons on the way, I suggest you take Fred's advice.
Any reason why we are not allowed an opinion without be subjected to crude and ignorant comments.

Red Devon

This run in thread is a eight or nine games to early leave it until the last eighth games....so much can happen before then!

fred binneys head

Any reason why we are not allowed an opinion without be subjected to crude and ignorant comments.
*Snowflake alert*

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
12 games to go, current prediction from 538 could leave for a couple of interesting scenarios if it pans out as they predict, with us facing Carlisle in the play off again and possibly MK Franchise (should we both succeed) in the final.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/league-two/

They still give us 25% chance of outright promotion so all is not lost:D

I still feel that Mansfield may stumble out of the autos

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
The automatic dream is still alive and kicking. Gotta get that third spot. Cant face playoffs again.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's plenty of games to go with many of the top sides having to face each other so auto's is still well within reach. We could do with winning 3 on the trot this month and that should boost us nicely. Mansfield at home could be a crucial game.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we'll go up automatically. Long way to go but one of those top three is going to flake for sure and my money's on the Lincoln boys. They'll finish third or lower.