• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I really don't like their website - it's not user-friendly at all. Very few posters, too. I read through it an hour or so ago and all I saw was there own small clique of posters
I read it this morning and saw a couple of ECFC posters on the Tisdale thread.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Perhaps its all the driving to MK that is getting to Tis? Enough to make anyone grumpy. Then your team goes on a bad run, and the natives get restless...
I can't imagine many places worse to drive than that soulless place. Living there must be ten times as bad.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't imagine many places worse to drive than that soulless place. Living there must be ten times as bad.
Do they have a Milk Maid café there for early morning coffee and clandestine meetings ? ............ Lets ask our resident penalty expert.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt if many of the players actually live there. The surrounding villages like Stony Stratford are pleasant.

Grecian Max

There's more City fans posting on that thread than MKD ! Obsessed, or what !!

:D
TBH - and I haven’t signed up myself before you start - all I see there is a few City fans adding to the debate in an intelligent way. Below is a great post. Or we could call it obsessed, easy thing to say whilst bleating on here about how great Tisdale was every time he’s criticised :D

I am an Exeter fan, and I posted on your forum back when it was first announced he was joining you.

I liked Tisdale's style, the ideas of trying to play 'proper' football, and giving youngsters a chance. I also enjoyed the ride to League 1 (and back).

Having red through this thread, change the names and it could have been the Exeter City of a few seasons ago you were talking about.
I eventually got fed up up of tippy-tappy football, every free kick taken short, every corner wasted, one up front at home, everyone back to defend corners....
Eventually we concede from a poor set piece then he leaves it until 80 minutes before making a change and introducing some urgency.

I almost never go to away games, so something I missed was the good away record that he managed for us (we historically have been very poor away at times). But the poor home form meant that the majority of fans were short changed. Here are the home stats for the seasons before his 2-year rolling contract was changed.
2012/13 W7 D6 L10
2013/14 W6 D5 L12
2014/15 W8 D8 L7
2015/16 W6 D11 L6

The following seasons we started to play more direct football and reached the playoffs twice.

Anyway good luck to you for the rest of the season, (apart from if we meet again in the play-offs obviously)

100milesaway

Felt a bit sorry for Tis on his latest press conference
Seems a much more humble, nicer chap than he did over the last few months with us.

Alistair20000

Do they have a Milk Maid café there for early morning coffee and clandestine meetings ? ............ Lets ask our resident penalty expert.
My information is that The Cheese has been spotted fairly regularly in Mister Tea’s Cafe in nearby Bletchley. Most recently with someone who looked liked Richard Logan who was putting away their famous ‘Bellybuster” breakfast.

100milesaway

Perhaps its all the driving to MK that is getting to Tis? Enough to make anyone grumpy. Then your team goes on a bad run, and the natives get restless...
Must be a 5 hour round trip?
That’s madness

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
My information is that The Cheese has been spotted fairly regularly in Mister Tea’s Cafe in nearby Bletchley. Most recently with someone who looked liked Richard Logan who was putting away their famous ‘Bellybuster” breakfast.
That was Adebayo Akinfenwa mate ! I know they must look about the same size these days.

Stelios

He should have had a break after leaving us. Losing 2 Wembley finals in 2 years was no fun. He looked burnt out with us and I thought he'd have 6 or so months off to re-charge and re-asess things. I guess Wee Willy Winkle gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Having said that he'll probably win the next 10 games and go up in the autos.