• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tattoos - Like or loathe ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loathe. (n)

Feckin' dire.
There were rumours (back in the day) that you had Steve Tully on one cheek and Lee Elam on the other.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
There were rumours (back in the day) that you had Steve Tully on one cheek and Lee Elam on the other.
That was nothing to do with tattoos though.

IndoMike

That was nothing to do with tattoos though.
Behave yourself Stroudy....;)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
No strong opinion either way each to their own - I personally would never have one. However, Mrs Dozen has one which I think looks quite nice it is very meaningful to us as a family and is not very noticeable.
I think where it all goes wrong is when people plaster themselves all over now that is loathsome

Swanaldo

If you are/were in the Navy you're allowed a tattoo. You would earn the right to have a star tattoo if you'd sailed across the equator or a swallow tattoo if you'd rounded the Cape, that sort of thing.

If you've got RIP Dave written on your neck, you just look like a tw4t.

Alistair20000

Correct but they were not tattoos :$

Just spotted that Stroudy got in first. He would know. He was there. :)

Last edited:

STURTZ

Unless they're done well I think they just look messy, like you've carried a leaky biro in your top pocket or something. Beckham looks like he's given a five year old his first set of felt tip pens and invited him to scribble on his back. Can't even use the old "I was pished" line, not unless he was pished for five years at a time.

Oldsmobile-88

I had one done about 30 years ago & do not regret it..It’s on my upper arm(Barbed wire wrapped,if anyone is interested)

Don’t have a problem with them..The issue is a lot of people have really poor quality tats,there seem to be a lot more tattoo parlours these days & some are not particularly good quality..If anyone is thinking of having one,a bit of research is essential.
I went to Torquay to have mine done after seeing the quality of my friends numerous tattoos done in the same parlour.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
a) Tattoos - Loathsome b) Revelations about Al - Loathsomer

Oldsmobile-88

https://youtu.be/HjXnhT3jXM4

Love the lyric from the Pretenders song Tattooed Love Boys..’Stop snivelling,your gonna make some plastic Surgeon a rich man’

That’s the warning if you have a crap tattoo..

Ps Pete Farndon(RIP) was the coolest looking ****er on a bass..

Last edited: