• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What book are you reading ...

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Now that I'm commuting to work by train I need something to fill the time!
Fair enough, it wasn't a criticism :)

elginCity

'Enoch at 100'

Brilliant mind and a great orator, along with Keith Joseph the architect of 'Thatcherism', just trying to fathom the man.

GJW

Exeter City FC: A Grecian anthology by Mike Blackstone. Last read this 10 years ago when I bought it, so thought I’d give it another go 10 years down the line. So much more has happened in those 10 years. It’s a great book and a ‘must have’ for all City fans.

Wanting a change from the usual books I read , crime , sports and thrillers , I had been recommended some time ago to check out the author Mitch Albom . I decided on his novel ‘ The Five People You Meet In Heaven ‘ well it was a thought-provoking, powerful story , although still a quick and easy read , I enjoyed it so much my next book which I am currently reading is the follow-up Albom wrote some 15 years later and it is just as good as the original story .

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
How to be a Footballer. Peter Crouch.

Great fun as you would expect from the gangly one. Read it whilst away on my holiday and thoroughly enjoyed it as a light read. Should be on many a Christmas wish list.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Felix the Railway Cat, By Kate Moore. About the cat that lives at Huddersfield railway station. Don't judge me :) I was on holiday when I selected it, and wanted something easy to read. All I had unread on my Kindle was some stuff written by George Orwell, wasn't in the mood!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Finished the Fowler autobiography a week or so back, now this morning on the train in I finished "The Afghan" by Frederick Forsyth. A very decent yarn.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Now slowing down on my commuter time reading by getting the Metro in the morning in order to do the Su Doku puzzles and reading on the way home. To that end yesterday I just finished my Christmas present book, which was the Peter Crouch book "How to be a Footballer" - very entertaining, particularly the bit about John Carew's tattoo.

This evening I'll be restarting a book I bought for holiday reading a few years back only to read about the first third of it - by David Mitchell (the comedian and very lucky husband rather than the author).

Banksy

Latest in the Bernard Cornwall Saxon series about Uhtred , now being shown as a series on tv under the name The Last Kingdom.
War of the Wolf. Uhtred is now an old(ish) man of sixtyish. Set in the 920’s it is well up to the usual high standard and very entertaining.

Last edited:

iscalad

Latest in the Bernard Cornwall Saxon series about Uhtred , now being shown as a series on tv under the name The Last Kingdom.
War of the Wolf. Uhtred is now an old(ish) man of sixtyish. Set in the 920’s it is well up to the usual high standard and very entertaining.
Is this in paperback?