• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Lincoln have sold out their allocation at Notts County for Saturday week(4,300) a shortish journey 40 miles but that will be a incredible turnout for this level,away from home.
Yeah incredible effort that......

Think the Imps fans feel it could be there season and they won’t be far away come the end

Stelios

Blimey. That's going to be bigger than most home attendances this weekend.....

Not really fair to compare with other clubs though because Lincoln fans get to see a football and rugby team play for the price of one ;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lincoln have sold out their allocation at Notts County for Saturday week(4,300) a shortish journey 40 miles but that will be a incredible turnout for this level,away from home.
Especially as they were averaging two and a half thousand for home games in the season before their cup run.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/national-league/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/CNAT/saison_id/2015

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Two games tonight in League 2

Forest Green vs Grimsby
and
Yeovil vs Lincoln City

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Especially as they were averaging two and a half thousand for home games in the season before their cup run.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/national-league/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/CNAT/saison_id/2015
I have been perplexed by the attendances Lincoln have been receiving, historically I never recalled them getting the crowds they are now getting. Is it all down to the cup run, or is it a win at all costs mentality. Or is there something else that has come into play. The size of the city is similar to us, and okay they don't have to compete for support against the country's top egg chasers but would that account for the difference?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I have been perplexed by the attendances Lincoln have been receiving, historically I never recalled them getting the crowds they are now getting. Is it all down to the cup run, or is it a win at all costs mentality. Or is there something else that has come into play. The size of the city is similar to us, and okay they don't have to compete for support against the country's top egg chasers but would that account for the difference?
I wondered whether they do a deal on cheap STs but looked at their prices and they're comparable with others.

I had a look at their promotion season (also the cup run season), and their attendances were:

North Ferriby: 3622
Sutton: 3195
Southport: 2440
Gateshead: Soccerbase doesn't have it listed
Solihull: 4049
Barrow: 3578
Braintree: 3554
Eastleigh: 3180
Boreham Wood: 3014
Aldershot: 3461
Maidstone: 3917
Wrexham: 3344
Tranmere: 6335
Guiseley: 5148
Dover: 6491
Woking: 5553
York: 6892

From there on in the crowds were 6-7k plus.

The Tranmere match was the next match after they'd got to the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and coincided with them being on a barnstorming run in the league, so was probably a bit of a perfect storm.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like them or loathe them but the Cowley brothers have certainly sparked interest in Lincoln City, their average attendance last season was 8782, this season they are at 8843.

Rightly or wrongly a few years ago I put them on a par with us as a club (give or take a bit).

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a good read. Not sure why Oxford uni students would particularly care about it but fair play on them for writing it up.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is a good read. Not sure why Oxford uni students would particularly care about it but fair play on them for writing it up.
I had a great regard for Ellison even before he went public about mental health, so I'm not one of the ones he worries about treating him more softly in recent months. My reasons - great shot, fast, engages with the crowd, hard but honest about it, doesn't treat himself too seriously.

Interestingly, I thought he had his least effective game against us last week, playing more centrally. O'Shea had him pretty much under control and he got very frustrated by this.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had a great regard for Ellison even before he went public about mental health, so I'm not one of the ones he worries about treating him more softly in recent months. My reasons - great shot, fast, engages with the crowd, hard but honest about it, doesn't treat himself too seriously.

Interestingly, I thought he had his least effective game against us last week, playing more centrally. O'Shea had him pretty much under control and he got very frustrated by this.
Remembering, of course, that Ellison is nearly 40 now!

Status
Not open for further replies.