• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore' Mods

Temporarily Exiled

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore' Mods

Could somebody set the above to 'on', please?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Re: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore'

I thought the ignore function was working?

Temporarily Exiled

Re: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Profile Options -> Allow Users to 'Ignore'

I thought the ignore function was working?
Try adding a mod / admin to the ignore list. I get this message if I try to ignore you:

"vBulletin Message
Sorry Spanky is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

However, it's not vital to the functioning of the forum, and there is an built-in way within vBulletin to allow users to ignore a mod or admin if they so wish.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member

That's a change I'd have to discuss with the others TE.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

That's a change I'd have to discuss with the others TE.
Add to to Saturday's meeting agenda.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Actually the "ignore" function is a bit silly, since even if you have someone on "ignore" the post is still there and I bet 99% of posters still take a peek to see what the ignoree has written.
I would either get rid of "ignore" or have a permanent "delete a poster" . I know many are not reading this cos they have me on "ignore", so stop peeking. ;)

IndoMike

Add to to Saturday's meeting agenda.
How come we never do the "Exeweb Awards" anymore. It was jolly good fun...

Alistair20000

How come we never do the "Exeweb Awards" anymore. It was jolly good fun...
Jason spent ages hosting it a few years ago and hardly anyone bothered to vote. Feckin’ dire.

IndoMike

Jason spent ages hosting it a few years ago and hardly anyone bothered to vote. Feckin’ dire.
Is it boring, or inappropriate, or what?

Alistair20000

Is it boring, or inappropriate, or what?
No idea but one factor is that there are far fewer posters on here these days than in past times.