• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jordan Storey Watch

Saint James

Amazing to think that a year ago today Storey was hardly in Tisdale's thoughts, the likes of Archibald-Henville and Seaborne were starting and Storey wasn't even on the bench.

Only a complete and utter decimation of our centre backs forced Tisdale to utilise him against Luton on 3rd Feb 2018.

He's now a regular starter in the Championship, look at where T A H and Seaborne are now.
TAH I understand is a youth coach at Spurs?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amazing to think that a year ago today Storey was hardly in Tisdale's thoughts, the likes of Archibald-Henville and Seaborne were starting and Storey wasn't even on the bench.

Only a complete and utter decimation of our centre backs forced Tisdale to utilise him against Luton on 3rd Feb 2018.

He's now a regular starter in the Championship, look at where T A H and Seaborne are now.
The game that still bemuses me is the cup game away at Forest Green where Troy A-H started while clearly unfit and had to be substituted after 55 minutes with City lucky to be only one nil down. Was Storey really that unready that he couldn't have played that day?

Saint James

The game that still bemuses me is the cup game away at Forest Green where Troy A-H started while clearly unfit and had to be substituted after 55 minutes with City lucky to be only one nil down. Was Storey really that unready that he couldn't have played that day?
I think the Proper Chappy had a point. Surely even in the five a side games or 1st v reserves matches out at the C&F Storey must have been seen to have something about him surely? I wonder whether Tisdale's judgement was clouded by him coming via Chard U18's rather than having been through our own Academy and also while all attention was being focussed on Ampadu?

pct333

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the encouraging things about this article is that the author now understands only too well why PNE might have paid ECFC 750k plus add ons. Last summer some of their fans were saying we were naive if we thought they would have paid that much for a League Two player with only a dozen or so games behind him. Now they see that fee as a bargain...

IndoMike

One of the encouraging things about this article is that the author now understands only too well why PNE might have paid ECFC 750k plus add ons. Last summer some of their fans were saying we were naive if we thought they would have paid that much for a League Two player with only a dozen or so games behind him. Now they see that fee as a bargain...
To be honest I don't give a damn if Preston fans are happy or .not with the fee they paid for Storey. The important thing is that Exeter City got a fair few.

Pete Martin (CTID)

To be honest I don't give a damn if Preston fans are happy or .not with the fee they paid for Storey. The important thing is that Exeter City got a fair few.
I do, because word gets around and, if we produce another rising star (Archie anybody?), we'll have more weight behind asking a fair sum next time. Clubs won't normally risk that level of transfer fee (and worthwhile sell-ons) from clubs that have no track record in producing promising young players. Increasingly, we do and this helps to consolidate that.

IndoMike

I do, because word gets around and, if we produce another rising star (Archie anybody?), we'll have more weight behind asking a fair sum next time. Clubs won't normally risk that level of transfer fee (and worthwhile sell-ons) from clubs that have no track record in producing promising young players. Increasingly, we do and this helps to consolidate that.
Since when has the fans' opinion altered a fee or any transfer dealings?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Since when has the fans' opinion altered a fee or any transfer dealings?
So you're suggesting that, if the PNE fans were to say, en masse, "He's shyte and we should never have paid that sum for him, complete waste of money!" that would have a positive effect on our future dealings with other clubs? Clearly the PNE management and the fans seem very happy with him and the price paid. is that not helpful? (y)