• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've watched Timeless. Very enjoyable hokum.

Banksy

I've watched Timeless. Very enjoyable hokum.
Yes , enjoyed Timeless myself. The Ministry of Time is similar , but tends to be based on Spanish historical events like the Armada and the war against Napolean's French.The third episode I've yet to watch seems to be all about keeping Spain out of WW2.Good stuff though with some well developed characters , as long as you don't mind subtitles.

Last edited:

Banksy

Sounds Ace....Have you seen Timeless,Banksy ?

I watched the 1st Season on Sky 1,missed the 2nd season because it was on a obsure satillite channel when I was expecting it back on Sky 1,but have just picked up Season 1 & 2 on dvd..
You'll enjoy Series 2. I think the storylines get better as it goes along.
Looks like it is setting itself up for Series 3.

Banksy

I see Altered Carbon is now on Netflix.
If it is anything like Richard Morgan's sci-fi books it should make for good viewing.

iscalad

Anyone watched the Expanse?

Banksy

Anyone watched the Expanse?
Can't say I have but it looks interesting.My problem is there is just too much to watch at the moment so I don't want to get involved with another long series right now , given I'm occupied by some family matters at this time.
I will put it on the back burner for next year DV!

Oldsmobile-88

You'll enjoy Series 2. I think the storylines get better as it goes along.
Looks like it is setting itself up for Series 3.
Very good the 2nd season..Just checked & a 3rd season is not going to happen unfortunately...A common issue with dramas made in the USA.The same thing happened to the excellent Terrminator Sarah Connor Files,two cracking series & a cliffhanger,then the network decide not to renew..

Grecian2K

The retrospective on Mel Smith on BBC4 last night brought back so many chuckles.

Were NTNOCN and ASAJ really that long ago. :(

PS: Billy Connolly this week was both suberb yet poignant as well.

Last edited:

Banksy

Very good the 2nd season..Just checked & a 3rd season is not going to happen unfortunately...A common issue with dramas made in the USA.The same thing happened to the excellent Terrminator Sarah Connor Files,two cracking series & a cliffhanger,then the network decide not to renew..
Well , that is a great shame.A few of the threads were left hanging so I really did think it would continue at least for another season.If you get the chance to watch The Ministry of Time , give it a bash.I've got used to the subs and the Spanish themed plots now and there are some good characters in it.Three seasons with 34 episodes of a bit over an hour each.Have watched seven episodes at the moment all of good quality.

Oldsmobile-88

Well , that is a great shame.A few of the threads were left hanging so I really did think it would continue at least for another season.If you get the chance to watch The Ministry of Time , give it a bash.I've got used to the subs and the Spanish themed plots now and there are some good characters in it.Three seasons with 34 episodes of a bit over an hour each.Have watched seven episodes at the moment all of good quality.
Definitely going to check that out..That looks like it’s going to be my new year viewings.