• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
It doesn't help that the "Remoaners" moved the goalposts about what constituted a "Hard" and "Soft" Brexit. As Jinxy said above, initially a "Soft" Brexit was taken to mean not Brexit at all i.e. membership of the SM and CU, with all that entails (e.g. freedom of movement), while "Hard" was to leave both.
What a hoot, "moving the goalposts" ?!!

Leave architects Johnson, Farage, Hannan, Elliot, Banks and Paterson are all on record espousing single market membership or the Norwegian model, when it suited of course.

"Remoaners" ?! (rofl)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
What a hoot, "moving the goalposts" ?!!

Leave architects Johnson, Farage, Hannan, Elliot, Banks and Paterson are all on record espousing single market membership or the Norwegian model, when it suited of course.

"Remoaners" ?! (rofl)
Oh dear, you've fallen for McGrory's famous video again, haven't you? Brillo had a lot of fun debunking that video, I thought McGrory was going to burst into tears at one point.

elginCity

Oh dear, you've fallen for McGrory's famous video again, haven't you? Brillo had a lot of fun debunking that video, I thought McGrory was going to burst into tears at one point.
Wrong. Nothing to do with that interview, there's plenty out there. As an aside McGrory wasn't "close to tears" at all. More nonsense from you frothers.

[video=youtube;X7Mhokzv-jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Mhokzv-jw[/video]

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Er, that's from 2013 when he was considered a "Reluctant Remainer". EDIT: Lest we forget, his decision to campaign for Brexit was predicated upon the result of Dave's negotiations. When he came back with a slip of white paper declaring "peace in our time", that was when his hand was forced.

Last edited:

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I do wonder if some of the MPs commenting so far have actually read the document. However, it seems the hardcore Brexiteers don't like it because it doesn't deliver Brexit, while the hardcore Remoaners don't like it because it, er, does.

Early signs are the Brexiteers in the cabinet are (even if grudgingly) backing the agreement - the likes of Andrea Leadsom are quite relaxed about it for example.
As far as I'm aware, the only people who can have read the document in the UK are in the cabinet (and they're being locked in the Cabinet Office to read it to avoid it leaking)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I'm aware, the only people who can have read the document in the UK are in the cabinet (and they're being locked in the Cabinet Office to read it to avoid it leaking)
I believe backbenchers are *now* able to read it - certainly Graham Brady was spotted heading along.

ExeterCityLad

48 letters into the 1922 committee by the weekend. Good news. May must go.

Mr Jinx

48 letters into the 1922 committee by the weekend. Good news. May must go.
not hearing that. source?

ExeterCityLad

Mr Jinx

Status
Not open for further replies.