• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the EU and UK might have come to terms, just leaving the definitely realistic task of getting it past the cabinet and parliament.
Now confirmed by the BBC that a special cabinet meeting has been called for tomorrow to discuss the draft withdrawal agreement.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Now confirmed by the BBC that a special cabinet meeting has been called for tomorrow to discuss the draft withdrawal agreement.
Yup, and they're being dragged before Her Majesty one-by-one tonight. Time for rebels on both sides to poop or get off the potty.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We'll see who's sat around the table tomorrow - my guess is that most/all of the cabinet, being pragmatic types, will agree to it even if it goes against their will slightly. If anyone will go, my money is on Penny Mordaunt.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'll see who's sat around the table tomorrow - my guess is that most/all of the cabinet, being pragmatic types, will agree to it even if it goes against their will slightly. If anyone will go, my money is on Penny Mordaunt.
All eyes on Gove. Seen slithering around on the floor near the daggers would imagine.

Avening Posse

Let's hope we are there, very interested now that loads of Tory MP's have made it clear they don't like this bit or don't like that bit and thus covering their arse what way they will vote, but suspect we all know the answer to that one. Time for all those labour MP's who represent staunch leave areas to decide ff they are for Corbyn or for the people they represent locally.

elginCity

The Cabinet's reading the text detail this evening before the meeting tomorrow. Begs the question; what did Jo Johnson base his resignation on ?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's hope we are there, very interested now that loads of Tory MP's have made it clear they don't like this bit or don't like that bit and thus covering their arse what way they will vote, but suspect we all know the answer to that one. Time for all those labour MP's who represent staunch leave areas to decide ff they are for Corbyn or for the people they represent locally.
Unless they feel, like Johnson, Mogg and our own Lad, that this deal doesn't represent what leave voted for.

Avening Posse

Unless they feel, like Johnson, Mogg and our own Lad, that this deal doesn't represent what leave voted for.
Fair one, but can anybody truly say that ?, compromise inevitable in something like this ?. Is it this or hard ?. Not sure many want hard ?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fair one, but can anybody truly say that ?, compromise inevitable in something like this ?. Is it this or hard ?. Not sure many want hard ?
If Lad is to be believed then apparently 17.4 million voted for a hard brexit.

Mr Jinx

If Lad is to be believed then apparently 17.4 million voted for a hard brexit.
Considering a Soft Brexit is just Remain repackaged then yes, I'd concur with Lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.