• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Conte will almost definitely be the next man in at Madrid following the interim appointment of Solari. Ideally I think they would have waited until terms were agreed with Conte before ditching Lopetegui but at a club like Madrid they can't let that run of results continue and so they felt like they had to act.

I don't see them poaching Pochettino mid-season without a significant payoff to Mr Levy, and they are already familiar with his negotiations from the Modric and Bale deals. Conte is a bigger name than Poch, has "won more" and is currently available. I don't think he's necessarily a better manager than Pochettino is but other factors come into play that make it very unlikely that Madrid will come in for him I would say.
The senior players rule at Madrid, Terry, and the heavy gossip is that Conte would not be a popular choice in their eyes. Anyway, during the next 2weeks we'll see.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Good game between Liverpool & Arsenal - a fair result probably, Mane goal should of counted mind.....

United first half was as bad a united side as I’ve ever seen against Bournemouth...

And Newcastle won! Xmas mustn’t be far off

CREDYGRECIAN

Manc: those blue noses look decent.....

Some better players

IndoMike

Not watching the game but i hear City 3-0 up after 18 minutes v Soton.

CREDYGRECIAN

This Liverpool team is the best side I’ve seen in the premier league era & Klopp has done a fantastic job since he’s been there....sadly this Man City team looks faultless.....they could well go the whole season unbeaten

Terryhall

This Liverpool team is the best side I’ve seen in the premier league era
Definitely a great side. I'd say its up there with 95-96, and 13-14... and then it comes down to personal preference from there (I'd argue 95-96 is a tough side to beat, but then nostalgia is what it is.)

Either way its very impressive to be in the same conversation as those sides and Klopp is doing great work.

CREDYGRECIAN

Man City to match the Arsenal invincible side ?

Terryhall

Man City to match the Arsenal invincible side ?
Too soon to say. Still a long way to go and hard to tell at this stage how their form will be coming into March and April, when they'll hope to still be competing on all fronts. Start of Feb will be a decent indicator, with back to back (home) matches against Arsenal and Chelsea, followed by their first Europa League knockout match (the draw will be on December 17th to see who they're facing) - come through those three matches fit and firing and they'll be doing alright (but will still have United at OT to face in March and Spurs in April)

IndoMike

All 20 Premier League clubs have been asked for a £250,000 contribution so that the league's outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore can be given a £5m farewell gift.

The clubs were asked for the money before a meeting on Tuesday.

It is expected they will agree to Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck's request.

Scudamore, 59, who is reportedly paid £2.5m per season, is stepping down next month after 19 years at the organisation.

The league's UK television rights were valued at around £670m when he joined, and the last deal was worth £5.14bn.

All 20 Premier League clubs have been asked for a £250,000 contribution so that the league's outgoing executive chairman Richard Scudamore can be given a £5m farewell gift.

Scudamore, 59, who is reportedly paid £2.5m per season, is stepping down next month after 19 years at the organisation.

The league's UK television rights were valued at around £670m when he joined, and the last deal was worth £5.14bn.

Buck, who has developed a close friendship with Scudamore since becoming Chelsea chairman in 2003, received backing from top-flight clubs during a meeting at Premier League headquarters in London.

He received backing from top-flight clubs during a meeting at Premier League headquarters in London.

IndoMike

Buck, who has developed a close friendship with Scudamore since becoming Chelsea chairman in 2003, received backing from top-flight clubs during a meeting at Premier League headquarters in London.

He received backing from top-flight clubs during a meeting at Premier League headquarters in London.