• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fulham, Spent £100m and struggling. Jeez can see big Sam stepping in!!!!

Terryhall

Still reckon it could be any of 5 for the drop - Fulham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Southampton all looking too weak for this division, but only 3 can go down. Current table also has Burnley, Palace and West Ham in trouble but I think each of those would have enough about them to pull away from trouble. A decent run of 3 or 4 games could see any of those 8 climb to mid table, but then a poor run of the same would see them fall back just as quickly. Still a long long way to go until May.

IndoMike

Pochettino making comments which could be construed as "come and get me, Madrid". Seems peed off at Spurs : no new signings, stadium not to open until next year, Champion's League looking dodgy.
Having a bit of a moan. Poch to Madrid followed by 'Arry.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Still reckon it could be any of 5 for the drop - Fulham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Southampton all looking too weak for this division, but only 3 can go down. Current table also has Burnley, Palace and West Ham in trouble but I think each of those would have enough about them to pull away from trouble. A decent run of 3 or 4 games could see any of those 8 climb to mid table, but then a poor run of the same would see them fall back just as quickly. Still a long long way to go until May.
For me Cardiff and Huddersfield certs to go down, and probably Southampton. Mark Hughes is a carp manager and the players are all carp, too.

Avening Posse

I have watched zero Prem football so far this season, but have been keeping an eye on the results. I see Arsenal are improving, what are they like this season ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I have watched zero Prem football so far this season, but have been keeping an eye on the results. I see Arsenal are improving, what are they like this season ?
Going forward as always they look good, defensively they still look likely to let goals in, but they will be in the top 4 shake up I reckon.....

Palace played well against them Sunday and deserved a draw

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Man City are frightening, they could be invincible.....

Alistair20000

Pochettino making comments which could be construed as "come and get me, Madrid". Seems peed off at Spurs : no new signings, stadium not to open until next year, Champion's League looking dodgy.
Having a bit of a moan. Poch to Madrid followed by 'Arry.
You may be right. I read into some of his recent comments: “I have taken this Club as far as I can.”

IndoMike

You may be right. I read into some of his recent comments: “I have taken this Club as far as I can.”
But now they're talking about Martinez as manager. If so, I reckon they'll use him as a stop-gap until the end of the season and then get Poch. Conte is considered as too inflexible while I would say Martinez might be too much of a "nice guy" and not up to challenging the Ramos gang or the President. Pure speculation of course on my part.

Terryhall

Conte will almost definitely be the next man in at Madrid following the interim appointment of Solari. Ideally I think they would have waited until terms were agreed with Conte before ditching Lopetegui but at a club like Madrid they can't let that run of results continue and so they felt like they had to act.

I don't see them poaching Pochettino mid-season without a significant payoff to Mr Levy, and they are already familiar with his negotiations from the Modric and Bale deals. Conte is a bigger name than Poch, has "won more" and is currently available. I don't think he's necessarily a better manager than Pochettino is but other factors come into play that make it very unlikely that Madrid will come in for him I would say.