• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lee Holmes?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The constant publicity for Ted Baker as promoted by the suave, debonaire, handsome chappy?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The constant publicity for Ted Baker as promoted by the suave, debonaire, handsome chappy?
I don't think he did that himself, more "guilt by association".

IndoMike

I don't think he did that himself, more "guilt by association".
Wasn't he employed as an ambassador for Ted Baker? If he was, there was clearly a self- interest. If he hadn't been City manager he wouldn't have gotten the publicity. But, if he wasn't employed by Ted Baker then you are right and I am wrong.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't he employed as an ambassador for Ted Baker? If he was, there was clearly a self- interest. If he hadn't been City manager he wouldn't have gotten the publicity. But, if he wasn't employed by Ted Baker then you are right and I am wrong.
I believe he was/is employed by them, but I don't remember him ever "promoting" them in interviews and whatnot.

In any case, how would it be any different to, say, Liverpool players rubbing themselves in Nivea products in commercials?

Nigel E

Think he was, as well as this proper chap

https://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Edited/Ollie-Watkins-Interview

So apart from Holmes, Simpson, Brunt, Bertie, Tis, Ollie...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Think he was, as well as this proper chap

https://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Edited/Ollie-Watkins-Interview

So apart from Holmes, Simpson, Brunt, Bertie, Tis, Ollie...
...Those who act as agents for Herbalife (Ribs was one for sure)...

elginCity

And Bertie Cozic's creperie. Therefore, not a precedent.
Did the club actively promote Bertie's sideline venture whilst he was a player ? I wasn't aware.

IndoMike

I believe he was/is employed by them, but I don't remember him ever "promoting" them in interviews and whatnot.

In any case, how would it be any different to, say, Liverpool players rubbing themselves in Nivea products in commercials?
If you read my words, I didn't criticize him, I just added him to the list.

hienzeECFC

The club advertise the fact that they encourage and aid players in gaining qualifications while they play. I believe it is a useful selling point for the club to prospective players.

Why not help promote player's business ventures? It promotes the club's commitment to making sure it's players are set for their life after football.

And regardless - its one bloody tweet!

Also, Steve Flack painting and decorating? does that join the list of businesses the club has promoted?

Nigel E

Did the club actively promote Bertie's sideline venture whilst he was a player ? I wasn't aware.
Bertie was very active on Twitter promoting his outlet and pretty sure there was some ECFC re-tweeting going on back then.