• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Swindon Build-Up & Prediction

Andy Holloway

If the pitch is gonna be muddy we need to muddy up our training pitches so that our players are well-prepared to play on the SJP surface...;)
I understand that MT has got D&S Fire and rescue to rig hoses on the roof of the pavilion at C&F to soak the players in preparation for tomorrow's deluge, he's also got some big fans - not as big fans as Pete though - to replicate the strong winds that will be blowing across SJP during the game.

Prior preparation and planning prevents .... poor performance!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand that MT has got D&S Fire and rescue to rig hoses on the roof of the pavilion at C&F to soak the players in preparation for tomorrow's deluge, he's also got some big fans - not as big fans as Pete though - to replicate the strong winds that will be blowing across SJP during the game.

Prior preparation and planning prevents .... poor performance!
:D(y).................

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If the pitch is gonna be muddy we need to muddy up our training pitches so that our players are well-prepared to play on the SJP surface...;)
The pitch is not going to be muddy, it is in absolutely perfect condition and looked amazing yesterday from the top of the stand. It may well be very wet, however, if the quantities of rain forecast do arrive. The worst of the rain is forecast for Friday and overnight, so there should be plenty of time for the pitch to drain off. Timing is everything, the FGR game was abandoned because of heavy rain during the first half, exacerbated by patches of standing water where the pre-match warm-up had caused damage to the pitch allowing water to pond.

Last edited:

IndoMike

The pitch is not going to be muddy, it is in absolutely perfect condition and looked amazing yesterday from the top of the stand. It may well be very wet, however, if the quantities of rain forecast do arrive. The worst of the rain is forecast for Friday and overnight, so there should be plenty of time for the pitch to drain off. Timing is everything, the FGR game was abandoned because of heavy rain during the first half, exacerbated by patches of standing water where the pre-match warm-up had caused damage to the pitch allowing water to pond.
Glad to hear that Andy's Fire and Rescue will not be needed at the C & F

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As it's international weekend, the game will be available for live streaming to UK iFollow subscribers.

Swindonfan

Hi all Grecians, I, as you can see am a Swindon fan who lives fairly locally to Exeter so this is my nearest home/away game.

Just wanted to say a couple of things, first off good luck for the season, I would love for us both to get promoted this season as it means I will have another home/away game next season too! after Saturday of course ;)

This season we have been very inconsistant, some games brilliant and others awful but over all we play a lot better football under Brown than we ever did with the hoofball merchant Fliflop.

Tuesday as I am sure you all know we played down at your loved neighbours Plymouth and totally played them off the field, and could have, with better finishing, scored 6 or 7, we played with a (so far in his career) goaless 19 year old striker Scott Twine who could have got 3 or 4 on another day, I have to admit they were as bad as any side we have played this year, we made 6 changes and still easily beat them.

Just a few points about the preview that are incorrect.

Doughty has not played for the last 5 matches due to getting a bad hip injury and will probably be out for Saturday too, a massive miss for us.

Richards is not the player he was and we have better options than him but Brown persists with playing him, he is certainly not the player to watch, the best striker we have is either Kayne Woolery who played his first 30 mins of the season on Tuesday and scored a cracker, he has skill and pace but probably won't start, the other is Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo (yes really!) who is on loan to us from Fulham, he has bags of skill and pace and is 6 foot 4 and looks a real threat, his legs look like crazy legs crane and defenders don't know which way he is going, unfortunately sometimes neither does he!

I would suggest it is unlikely Dunne will play against you, again we have much better options in the middle and his passing and tackling at times are as bad as any player in our history and is only playing due to Doughty being unavailable yet Martin Smith and Jak McCourt are both better options in the middle than Dunne.

Matty Taylor (ours not yours) is not a centre midfielder, hes only played there once for us in 2 seasons and was dire, he plays left wingback and although his free kicks are excellent his general play this year has been very poor, has lost all his pace, we had a youngster playing in his position Tuesday at Plymouth, Ellis Iandolo, and he was one of the best players on the pitch, so Taylor may be rested we will see.

2 ex players of your Devon neighbours 'muff are 2 of our best players in Luke McCormick and Toumani Diagouraga, Luke has kept several clean sheets at the expense of Laurence Vigouroux who is away on international duty with Chile this weekend, Toums has run midfield in his last 5 or 6 games and goes from strength to strength, sitting in front of the back 5/4.

Anyway hope its a good game and good luck after Saturday!

Last edited:

Alistair20000

A red card happy rookie ref for this one. :S

All depends on which Swindon turn up as consistency is not a word in their repertoire.

Could be a very tough game for us but I think we will win 2-0 with at least one of those from Mr Goals and a red card for someone.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A red card happy rookie ref for this one. :S

QUOTE]

If this is the case then we really need to be disciplined. Going a man down early would be disastrous. Our biggest issue so far this season has been our discipline. Needless yellow cards for arguing with the ref, deliberate handballs will be costly when suspensions kick in.

ianaplincorners

Hi all Grecians, I, as you can see am a Swindon fan who lives fairly locally to Exeter so this is my nearest home/away game.

Just wanted to say a couple of things, first off good luck for the season, I would love for us both to get promoted this season as it means I will have another home/away game next season too! after Saturday of course ;)

This season we have been very inconsistant, some games brilliant and others awful but over all we play a lot better football under Brown than we ever did with the hoofball merchant Fliflop.

Tuesday as I am sure you all know we played down at your loved neighbours Plymouth and totally played them off the field, and could have, with better finishing, scored 6 or 7, we played with a (so far in his career) goaless 19 year old striker Scott Twine who could have got 3 or 4 on another day, I have to admit they were as bad as any side we have played this year, we made 6 changes and still easily beat them.

Just a few points about the preview that are incorrect.

Doughty has not played for the last 5 matches due to getting a bad hip injury and will probably be out for Saturday too, a massive miss for us.

Richards is not the player he was and we have better options than him but Brown persists with playing him, he is certainly not the player to watch, the best striker we have is either Kayne Woolery who played his first 30 mins of the season on Tuesday and scored a cracker, he has skill and pace but probably won't start, the other is Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo (yes really!) who is on loan to us from Fulham, he has bags of skill and pace and is 6 foot 4 and looks a real threat, his legs look like crazy legs crane and defenders don't know which way he is going, unfortunately sometimes neither does he!

I would suggest it is unlikely Dunne will play against you, again we have much better options in the middle and his passing and tackling at times are as bad as any player in our history and is only playing due to Doughty being unavailable yet Martin Smith and Jak McCourt are both better options in the middle than Dunne.

Matty Taylor (ours not yours) is not a centre midfielder, hes only played there once for us in 2 seasons and was dire, he plays left wingback and although his free kicks are excellent his general play this year has been very poor, has lost all his pace, we had a youngster playing in his position Tuesday at Plymouth, Ellis Iandolo, and he was one of the best players on the pitch, so Taylor may be rested we will see.

2 ex players of your Devon neighbours 'muff are 2 of our best players in Luke McCormick and Toumani Diagouraga, Luke has kept several clean sheets at the expense of Laurence Vigouroux who is away on international duty with Chile this weekend, Toums has run midfield in his last 5 or 6 games and goes from strength to strength, sitting in front of the back 5/4.

Anyway hope its a good game and good luck after Saturday!
I'm sure 'Luke' will receive an especially warm welcome!

Swindonfan

I'm sure 'Luke' will receive an especially warm welcome!
He more than polarized opinion when he joined us with several saying they wouldn't watch us with him in goal, but most fans accept that he is a good keeper but won't ignore his previous troubles. I accept him for his football skills, lets leave it at that!