• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2018/19

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Conversely it didn't seem to do us any harm in 1989-90 when we finished Champions. Getting to a FA CUP 3rd round Replay at Norwich, and a League Cup 4th Round replay at Sunderland, both boosted the team's confidence, and the interest of the fans.
Unfortunately the Cup competitions have lost a lot of their appeal since those days...the pain from that gutting injury time equaliser at Port Vale lasted a lot longer than last years 3rd round defeat to WBA with me!

Colesman Ballz

Unfortunately the Cup competitions have lost a lot of their appeal since those days...the pain from that gutting injury time equaliser at Port Vale lasted a lot longer than last years 3rd round defeat to WBA with me!
I share your pain too, but in mitigation the FA Cup run, did provide two win bonuses and revenue from the three fixtures (and as all were home matches), the additional supplementary spend profits too. The value of the league point/or 2 dropped league points are harder to assess, certainly until the end of the season. Guess I am just a greedy barsteward whose competitive spirit knows no boundaries !

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tiverton Town is 0-0 at full time. Extra time to be played against the Met Police.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No cup glory for Tiverton and our two loanees as they bow out 1-0 to the Met Police.

Stelios

Wouldn’t be too disappointed with an early exit from the Cup this season...I know there’s the potential for a big money windfall to be had but I wouldn’t want anything to derail our promotion push...this league is very, very difficult to get out of and I want promotion and league 1 football over any glamorous 4th round tie against the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool reserves ....UTC!
I'd like to get to the 3rd round. Just can't beat the 3rd round draw. Before Liverpool Tisdale had a woeful cup record and I always thought it was disappointing.

Having said that West Brom last year was a grim occasion. We literally didn't turn up for the first half and barely got going in the 2nd. We were lucky it wasn't 0-5 at half time. Horrible match. Zero atmosphere.

Stelios

No cup glory for Tiverton and our two loanees as they bow out 1-0 to the Met Police.
That's a shame. Are Met Police actually anything to do with the force or is just a name nowadays?

fred binneys head

They were robbed.

Spoonz Red E

That's a shame. Are Met Police actually anything to do with the force or is just a name nowadays?
I think they still get some funding from the Met and are still at the same ground but are no longer a team that uses serving policemen as players.

Colesman Ballz

Cleethorpes Town are having a good go at it this season. In the previous round they were beating Bamber Bridge (who play at a higher level) 3-1 at home with 10 minutes left but conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes. They then proceded to beat them 5-0 on their own pitch in the replay.

On Saturday they played Guiseley of The National League North and were losing 2-0 with 5 minutes left but managed to score 2 late goals to force a replay tomorrow. Away at Guiseley maybe a step too far for them BUT if they were to win they have a great chance of reaching the First Round Proper for the first time ever as they've drawn Stourbridge at home.

Would be a great acheivement for them to reach the FA Cup 1st Round and you never know, they could even draw us!
No ifs and buts about it Les, a cracking 2-1 win away at Guiseley in the replay. Bring on Stourbridge !

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

I think they still get some funding from the Met and are still at the same ground but are no longer a team that uses serving policemen as players.
Not any more.The Metropolitan Commissioner a few years ago refused to sanction funding for the team..Still have some police staff playing,though the days of playing when on shift have long gone.