• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

RIP Keith Harvey

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
R.I.P Keith.Enjoyed watching you what seems so very very long ago.

Andy Holloway

Very sad to hear about Kieth's passing.

When i was young he used to live up behind us in Credition and could often be seen walking down the lane, by our house, on his way to catch the bus into Exeter for training.

It was, and to a certain degree still is, what lower league football is all about, the players being part of and visible in their local community.

CWH-NYC_

R.I.P Keith.Enjoyed watching you what seems so very very long ago.
I am with you on this one, time marching on.

geoffwp

My first season being allowed the freedom to go to games on my own was 61-62. Keith was one tough customer on the pitch but off it and with us young kids he was brilliant. A player from an age when pro footballers didn't have an ounce of ego. A very different time and so glad for the memories. Thank you Keith.

IndoMike

My first season being allowed the freedom to go to games on my own was 61-62. Keith was one tough customer on the pitch but off it and with us young kids he was brilliant. A player from an age when pro footballers didn't have an ounce of ego. A very different time and so glad for the memories. Thank you Keith.
Hear hear......

PeteUSA

Very Sad News

RIP Keith.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remember Keith playing for the old Third Division South team against the Third Division North. That reflected his quality in that league. I only ever remember him missing one penalty by hitting the right post against Northampton. He always took penalties the same way, a right side footed shot which invariably sent any keeper the wrong way (no TV cameras in those days to spoil his run of success!).
RIP Keith, thanks for the memories.

geoffwp

So of that promotion team photo in 63-64 that featured Keith the following are no longer with us; Cec Smyth, Alan Barnett, Dave Hancock, Dermot Curtis and Arnold Mitchell.
Des Anderson, Adrian Thorne and Alan Banks are still going strong if Wiki is to be trusted.
That leaves; Les MacDonald, Graham Rees and Derek Grace that I can find nothing about. So if anyone knows about those three I would like to know. There haven't been too many promotion teams.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So of that promotion team photo in 63-64 that featured Keith the following are no longer with us; Cec Smyth, Alan Barnett, Dave Hancock, Dermot Curtis and Arnold Mitchell.
Des Anderson, Adrian Thorne and Alan Banks are still going strong if Wiki is to be trusted.
That leaves; Les MacDonald, Graham Rees and Derek Grace that I can find nothing about. So if anyone knows about those three I would like to know. There haven't been too many promotion teams.
Graham Rees spent an afternoon with the history project http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/2510

Derek Grace http://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/1931

Last edited:

geoffwp

Thanks Hants. Good to listen to Graham. I note that the info on Derek Grace stops in '08.