• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clubs we have never played

GJW

Are there any Football Clubs in the Premiership, Championship, L1 or L2 that we have never played in a competitive League or Major Cup game? If not, which team have we not played for the longest period of time? One for the ECFC statisticians out there.

jimmy

Arsenal???

Exappa

And Man Citeh, and Boro as I recall

Exappa

But how about this tester - who do we have an all-time unbeaten record against? I’m no Statto and only found the one I have in mind given banter with a mate

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yep, just the 3 clubs in competitive matches.

Nigel E

Are there any Football Clubs in the Premiership, Championship, L1 or L2 that we have never played in a competitive League or Major Cup game? If not, which team have we not played for the longest period of time? One for the ECFC statisticians out there.
The one we have not played for the longest period of time in a competitive fixture would be West Ham United. Last played them in the Southern League in the 1914/15 season.

Temporarily Exiled

But how about this tester - who do we have an all-time unbeaten record against? I’m no Statto and only found the one I have in mind given banter with a mate
Farsley Celtic, probably. Made it to the Conference for the first time during our promotion season, and we beat them home and away (goals courtesy of Seaborne and one Matt Taylor in the home fixture, Logan and Stanno at their place).

I don't recall us ever playing them in a cup competition (though it's a possibility) - and we'll never play them again, seeing as they went out of business in 2010.

Last edited:

Nigel E

Would have played Middlesbrough, if only we had managed to finish off Man Utd in the FA Cup back in 2005

Temporarily Exiled

Would have played Middlesbrough, if only we had managed to finish off Man Utd in the FA Cup back in 2005
Perhaps we'll get them in pre-season if George Friend ever has a testimonial match.

Nigel E

Perhaps we'll get them in pre-season if George Friend ever has a testimonial match.
We've played all these teams in friendlies, I think. (Certainly Arsenal in the 60s and Man City in the 90s). It's competitive fixtures that we've not had with them.