• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2018

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does Pate’s contribution suggest he has joined the Trust ?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does Pate’s contribution suggest he has joined the Trust ?
Think he is penning his manifesto as we type

Alistair20000

Think he is penning his manifesto as we type
Looking forward to seeing him at the hustings (y)

geoffwp

I always find these AGM threads fascinating in a cryptic crossword, bitchy sort of way. I'm already trying to work out who and what the understated criticisms and miffed retorts are actually aimed at. It's comes across a bit like the way boxers posture before the weigh in prior to the fight. David starts the ball rolling with some snipes that would do justice to any marksman looking to cause mayhem to the enemy. This is followed by Martin's carefully crafted defensive tactic that puts the ball right back in David's court, though it was probably more like the opening moves in a game of chess ( queen's pawn to d4 from you I think David, but Martin has countered to put immediate pressure on your King! ). Barry comes next with a thank you, but who is being thanked? David or Martin? Are these two on different sides of some unsaid in fighting? Cygnus wants fresh blood but then Matt tells us that this may not happen at all. More confusion thrown into the murky waters of trust politics. Are these the 'politics' that drove Steve Perryman to retire? So, can someone educate me as to what is going on because its pretty obvious that the trust garden isn't full of sweet smelling roses. Cygnus wants more of us to step forward but will those who answer his call need an intensive course in Trust 'in fighting' techniques before they dare chance a look over the parapet?

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

I always find these AGM threads fascinating in a cryptic crossword, bitchy sort of way. I'm already trying to work out who and what the understated criticisms and miffed retorts are actually aimed at. It's comes across a bit like the way boxers posture before the weigh in prior to the fight. David starts the ball rolling with some snipes that would do justice to any marksman looking to cause mayhem to the enemy. This is followed by Martin's carefully crafted defensive tactic that puts the ball right back in David's court, though it was probably more like the opening moves in a game of chess ( queen's pawn to d4 from you I think David, but Martin has countered to put immediate pressure on your King! ). Barry comes next with a thank you, but who is being thanked? David or Martin? Are these two on different sides of some unsaid in fighting? Cygnus wants fresh blood but then Matt tells us that this may not happen at all. More confusion thrown into the murky waters of trust politics. Are these the 'politics' that drove Steve Perryman to retire? So, can someone educate me as to what is going on because its pretty obvious that the trust garden isn't full of sweet smelling roses. Cygnus wants more of us to step forward but will those who answer his call need an intensive course in Trust 'in fighting' techniques before they dare chance a look over the parapet?
It's a multiple choice question Geoff
[a] Broad church
Robust debate
[c] Ego ergo aggro

I've had to spoil my paper ....

geoffwp

Broad church or Broadchurch Spoonz? If the latter then where was the body found and who is in the frame?

iscalad

It's a multiple choice question Geoff
[a] Broad church
Robust debate
[c] Ego ergo aggro

I've had to spoil my paper ....

Spoil or soil?

Spoonz Red E

Broad church or Broadchurch Spoonz? If the latter then where was the body found and who is in the frame?
In the best democratic tradition it was the kernel mustered in the hall with a revolver ....

Spoonz Red E

Spoil or soil?
Ah. There's the rub.

IndoMike

I find it all rather amusing, especially the image of DT throwing the stone and then peeping over the sofa to see if it's all clear. Personally I am loathe to criticize the Trust Board as individuals since firstly they did dismantle the rock on City's back that was Tis' roller and secondly they do much more for the club than I do.