• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Did anybody else see......

ExeterCityLad

Home or Away?? XTRAPASSHUN
We played them twice away in 2001 - We didn't play them at home.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We played them twice away in 2001 - We didn't play them at home.
Exactly - our Syrian chum knew that and is therefore more a supporter than G2K.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah. Good spot laddo. Couldn't catch you out with my "trick" question.

Anyhow, here we go
6 Jan 2001. Hartlepool 2 ECFC 0 Att. 3016
Arian Van Heusden, John Ashton (Mark Rawlinson 67), Neil Whitworth, Noel Blake, Jamie Campbell. Paul Buckle, John Cornforth (Chris Holloway 67), Kwame Ampadu, Andy Roscoe, Graeme Tomlinson (Steve Flack 64), Paul Read.

10 Nov 2001. erm...Hartlepool 2 ECFC 0
Arian Van Heusden, Barry McConnell. Chris Curran, Alex Watson, Graeme Power, Paul Buckle (Gary Birch 80), Glenn Cronin, Martin Barlow, Andy Roscoe (Geoff Breslan 57), Christian Roberts, Sean McCarthy (Graeme Tomlinson 90)

Do I win the (third-hand) tee-shirt? (I think it might be needed to deal with the nausea caused by typing many of those names (puke)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ooh, close, by putting an erroneous "h" in Jon Ashton's name you miss out.

Grecian2K

Mea Culpa, Jason.

I can only offer you my (in)sincere apologies if I "inadvertently misled" you there and can but assure you that my immediate resignation from the EW statistics committee will NOT be forthcoming.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Mea Culpa, Jason.

I can only offer you my (in)sincere apologies if I "inadvertently misled" you there and can but assure you that my immediate resignation from the EW statistics committee will NOT be forthcoming.
Glad to hear it, nobody died after all. Aside from Ashton, who is dying inside at being misnamed.

ExeterCityLad

Deleted.....

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Glad to hear it, nobody died after all. Aside from Ashton, who is dying inside at being misnamed.
Sorry Jason but, revisiting those motley line-ups far, far too many "died" in game after game once they'd pulled their boots on.

Even the most rabid Tisdale hater must surely admit that not many of that lot would even have got near to our recent (or, hopefully, current squad.

Rog H K

Bet he was at Lincoln last day of 89/90. EVERYONE seemed to have been at that game!
I missed that one:S

crocks

Sorry Jason but, revisiting those motley line-ups far, far too many "died" in game after game once they'd pulled their boots on.

Even the most rabid Tisdale hater must surely admit that not many of that lot would even have got near to our recent (or, hopefully, current squad.
I don't know, would love a Glenn Cronin in the side now - something that the current squad lacks.