• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bad news

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because Stockley is on £3k a week.
But is he actually? Not so sure.

tavyred

Definitely not the actions of a homegrown local lad made club captain. JMT probably now has the unwanted distinction of being the only youth product that won’t be wished well at his new club.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because Stockley is on £3k a week.
How do you know that ?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was wondering what Taylor was on about when he said he wanted to strengthen both penalty boxes... thought we were looking decent at centre back. Things looking a bit ropey back there now, especially whenever Brown isn't fit.

Oliver

Accepting that he has now gone and looking forward it does mean that Sweeney can move into the slot that Storey has left and that Croll can now move to the left side of defence in JMT's place, all this assuming of course that we don't lose Brown as well. So we now need a right back or two, and can only wish that we can manage to get Wilson back on loan.
I think this might all be a good thing when the dust settles it will give MT a clean sheet to develop his own team and style, so I am looking forward to the new season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How do you know that ?
Because you told us. :)

IndoMike

City is a soft touch. We let people kick sand in our face and do nothing cos we're a nice, friendly community club. No matter what anyone says, it's highly possible that some of our players have been unsettled in recent times. We've even had ex-players whose playing contracts were extended much longer than they were worth hanging around as agents. It's time City got tough

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this might all be a good thing when the dust settles it will give MT a clean sheet to develop his own team and style, so I am looking forward to the new season.
Appreciate your positivity, but would have to disagree with you there... JMT is one of a small handful of players at the club who's real promotion quality. Who's left in that bracket? Stockley, Boateng, Pym... looking forward to see who we get in.

Edward

If it is the case that the prior contract would have allowed JMT to leave in the summer (post 32), it is likely that the club was negotiating from a very weak start-point. Under these circumstances, it is perhaps understandable that the release clause was the only way they could get the player (potentially) under contract for 2018/19.

The issue (to my mind, at least) is the contract meant the player would be in a more favourable position if promotion was not achieved which is hardly a great incentive to return from injury. I suspect Tisdale knew he was leaving months ago and it will never be known whether he communicated his intentions to others.

The club has cash to fund a proven replacement.

manc grecian

Accepting that he has now gone and looking forward it does mean that Sweeney can move into the slot that Storey has left and that Croll can now move to the left side of defence in JMT's place, all this assuming of course that we don't lose Brown as well. So we now need a right back or two, and can only wish that we can manage to get Wilson back on loan.
If croll is a regular starter we'll be in the ****.