• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Prediction

grecianfaniow

we are going up as ****ing (swear) champions (clap) (smoke)

contrabombarde

I wish people would stop bringing this bleddy thread to the top. I predicted that it would plummet out of sight today.......Oh sh*t.

100milesaway

I wish people would stop bringing this bleddy thread to the top. I predicted that it would plummet out of sight today.......Oh sh*t.
Ha ha !!!!

Don’t worry it’ll be gone soon

I find it very odd people don’t want to predict

Particularly as half the people on here must be delighted with developments - surely they expect an improvement on 4th place?

100milesaway

we are going up as ****ing (swear) champions (clap) (smoke)
Let’s hope so

And I’ll bring 5000 portions of humble pie to the last home game and dish them all out while wearing only my wife’s underwear.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If Pym & JMT stay and we add somebody who can win the ball in midfield & add some pace out wide than we could easily challenge for promotion

Exehausted

My prediction, based on no inside knowledge what so ever, is that Matt will have more of our youngsters in the match day squad than last year. I think the first year pros will go out on loan but that last years 8 or 9 will stay here and be heavily involved with the first team. I think he will only bring in players that are a good bit better than what we have and in our price bracket that is unlikely to be more than two or three. It will take time for his ideas to change things and we might be in the bottom 6 at Christmas. I also think that we might turn things around in the New Year and assuming that the pitch is much better than last season, play good football and end up close to the play-offs. What ever happens I will be in my usual seat supporting the team to the best of my very limited ability. In Matt we trust!

100milesaway

My prediction, based on no inside knowledge what so ever, is that Matt will have more of our youngsters in the match day squad than last year. I think the first year pros will go out on loan but that last years 8 or 9 will stay here and be heavily involved with the first team. I think he will only bring in players that are a good bit better than what we have and in our price bracket that is unlikely to be more than two or three. It will take time for his ideas to change things and we might be in the bottom 6 at Christmas. I also think that we might turn things around in the New Year and assuming that the pitch is much better than last season, play good football and end up close to the play-offs. What ever happens I will be in my usual seat supporting the team to the best of my very limited ability. In Matt we trust!
If Tisdale had stayed, where do you think we’d have finished?

Lots of people wanted him out (I don’t know if you did)
but not many people seem to think the change will take us up to league 1

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we'll finish lower than last season, but I think we'll finish higher than if Tisdale had stayed. I'm happy that he has called it a day, I respect what he did for us and thank him sincerely for it, but I'm still pleased he has chosen to work elsewhere and am delighted that Matt Taylor has been given the role.

How many replies will you need before you get tired?

Exehausted

If Tisdale had stayed, where do you think we’d have finished?

Lots of people wanted him out (I don’t know if you did)
but not many people seem to think the change will take us up to league 1
Sorry to bring this back to the top but I was asked a question. I felt that we had gone as far as we could with Tis and I don't think that we would have made the play-offs. I didn't want him out because he would always keep us in the League, but now that he's gone we'll never know. His 12 years in charge represents more than 10% of our history and that can never be underestimated. Having seen Matt's interview today I am a lot more confident and I will now predict the play-offs.

100milesaway

I think we'll finish lower than last season, but I think we'll finish higher than if Tisdale had stayed. I'm happy that he has called it a day, I respect what he did for us and thank him sincerely for it, but I'm still pleased he has chosen to work elsewhere and am delighted that Matt Taylor has been given the role.

How many replies will you need before you get tired?
How many people are registered on the forum?

Surely everyone should reply!!