• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor is the new boss

contrabombarde

Delighted for the club and for him. Feeling much more positive now. What a difference a day makes.

Gordon Dale

Brilliant news.

Shows the club Board to be both astute and decisive. Ensures continuity . Supports the academy and gives encouragement to all players that they can have a REAL future with OUR football club. ECFC not only produces prodigious footballers but also develops players as future managers .

Congratulations Matt . You were a joy to watch as a player . I've no doubt , from what you've achieved so far, you'll be a first class manager. On the strength of your appointment I will be purchasing a season ticket.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst I would have given it a bit more time to see who was interested outside of ECFC I think it's a decent appointment.

Of all the existing ECFC coaches and ex players he is the one I would have gone for.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Seem to like Matt Jay in the U23s, had him as captain. Used Ryan Brunt in the U23s, and when fully fit will be really good for City. t.
i did think it was a strange one by tis , putting brunt on the bench ?? times and give him NO minutes on the park.

I understand some of the fears about the same old same old but I think Matt is strong enough to make his own decisions and create his own style. He seemed to be a strong character. He also wasn't a proper chap if I remember correctly.

Garethecfc

Very happy!

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
In the circumstances we are in this is as good as it gets. Strong character. I think he will definitely be his own man but I would think he won't be shy of asking for advice from those he respects and trusts. Thank Christ that will mean no one on exeweb. Good luck Matty. Geddon city.

Last edited:

CWH-NYC_

Happy as Larry, with Tis and Perryman going at the same time I think this in an ideal appointment. They will be a tough double act to follow but this has a good feeling about it on many levels. Very difficult to find anything to complain about on the way things have been handled by all parties. UTC

ecfc70

Good in respect to the continuity of the club's ethos, on the managing side of it though I can't help but think he will need some assistance from an experienced manager as an assistant, dof or both........zidane as dof?

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe that the club, board and trust have done very well..... very happy with this appointment. Looking forward with great excitement now to the new season.