• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Retained list / squad for 2017/2018

D__Lo__

It's up to the players to earn a place in the first XI. Thought Wilson looked great, marred by 2 reds... but Sweeney was decent competition. Maybe could feel unlucky not to get more game time, but he had a decent runout. Edwards looks like he'll be a player in 2-3 years. Did well in patches, but don't think he can feel aggrieved.
14 starts for Wilson isn't that decent but tbh whether they deserved it or not isn't much of an issue for me personally (I'm not sure they would have been the answer to all the problems yesterday or that they deserved a great deal more game-time on the whole either).

...But my main points were they won't be featuring much for West Brom and in term of the bigger picture I'm concerned it could have a negative impact on prospective loanees. That might be less relevant if Tisdale leaves but in all honesty I fully expect him to stay. His position at City is beyond comfortable and given his character which comes across as cautious bordering on insecure (given the relentless snide remarks about the fans). I really can't see him leaving that security.

D__Lo__

I have a nagging feeling that James might be as well.
That would have meant he was given a three year deal on the back of Leyton Orient's relegation or it was renewed after just one year. Neither would surprise me completely (and both would have been really poor decisions). Just like a renewal this summer would be. Which is actually what I think is most likely needed and will happen.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Personally would keep

Pym (think he will move on)
Boateng
Brown
JMT (think the same as Pym)
Moxey
Stockley
Sweeney

budegrecian

Personally would keep

Pym (think he will move on)
Boateng
Brown
JMT (think the same as Pym)
Moxey
Stockley
Sweeney
Have you not seen Jordan Storey play then?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
fair Point

Saint James

Players out of contract include: Hamon; Woodman: TAH; Seaborne; James; Harley; Byrne; Simpson; Brunt; McCallindon; and the 1st year pro's.

Personally I feel the squad needs a deep cleanse and a refresh and I would release all of these guys except the young boys who I haven't seen. Bids well may come in for a number of other players under contract such as Pym and JMT both substantial fees would be needed.

Red Devon

Players out of contract include: Hamon; Woodman: TAH; Seaborne; James; Harley; Byrne; Simpson; Brunt; McCallindon; and the 1st year pro's.

Personally I feel the squad needs a deep cleanse and a refresh and I would release all of these guys except the young boys who I haven't seen. Bids well may come in for a number of other players under contract such as Pym and JMT both substantial fees would be needed.
Agree but would keep Macca if Tisdale goes

Just waiting for the news that David Noble has signed for us again.

Antony Moxey

I would think given we narrowly missed out on automatic promotion that not too many changes need to be made. Three obvious binnages spring to mind: James, Hamon and Seaborne then after that it’ll be personal preferences but I don’t think we need to be too drastic with the ins and outs.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'd only offer a deal to TAH on pay as you play. I'd give Harley a new deal. Release the others bar the 1st year pros.

GK -
Pym - keep
Jones - bin
Hamon - bin

DF -
Sweeney - keep
Woodman - bin
TAH - keep
JMT - keep
Seaborne - bin
Moxey - keep
Croll - keep