• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2018

Legohead

Banned
Decent signing IMO and only 22. Opening batsman who can play a long innings as well as changing up through the gears. Will not be available for about 6 weeks from the end of June though.

Born in Yaaaarkshire. :(

Ahhh good lad!

on the subject of Yaaaaarkshire who are my county cricket team, their opening day against Champions Essex washed out today. Hoping for a big season from us flat cap wearing whippet racers. :)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wish it was at Lord's!
Turned out O.K. for your bauys Jason. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Talksport have won the rights to live commentary for the winter tours of Sri Lamka and West Indies. :(

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Turned out O.K. for your bauys Jason. (y)
It certainly did.

We have to play something called a Derbyshire tomorrow. Gawd I love Div 2...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Talksport have won the rights to live commentary for the winter tours of Sri Lamka and West Indies. :(
I made my feelings known on this in the feckin' dire thread!

Alistair20000

I know this is the 2018 thread and 2020 is 2 years off, but what do posters think about the new city based franchise competition ? Clown outfits, custard pies to throw, 100 ball innings with a 10 ball final over.

As far as this particular curmudgeon is concerned they can stick it all where the sun don’t shine.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is the 2018 thread and 2020 is 2 years off, but what do posters think about the new city based franchise competition ? Clown outfits, custard pies to throw, 100 ball innings with a 10 ball final over.

As far as this particular curmudgeon is concerned they can stick it all where the sun don’t shine.
Make that two curmudgeons!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Curmudgeon number three! I won't be taking much interest in the doings of Bristol Bashers or Southampton Sloggers.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Stay in the bar until those last 10 balls are due to be bowled.

Will Surrey have to play in Guildford as Guildford City? Will Pompey supporters boycott Southampton Sloggers? Will Middlesex get the right to be London Lions?

Alistair20000

Unbeaten century for Matt Renshaw (clap) at the County Ground as Somerset subside to 202 all out. :(