• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Away - Sat 12th August

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I love that spot....It's the only place in the UK where I get my swimming trunks wet..I was down there during the hot weather a couple of weeks ago..
Yeah, looks really idyllic - while it will be a wrench not to have my Mum on the doorstep (particularly when it comes to babysitting) there are massive benefits to her being in Charmouth!

Anyway, with the move now on Friday and the Missus coming down (she had originally been due to come down the following Tuesday due to work holiday issues), Swindon will be a no-go for me. I'll be at the Lincoln home match the following Saturday, though.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, looks really idyllic - while it will be a wrench not to have my Mum on the doorstep (particularly when it comes to babysitting) there are massive benefits to her being in Charmouth!

I can recommend the walk from the Charmouth to Seatown/Chideock via the coast path(then a bus back to Charmouth) The view from the top of Golden Cap is amazing.It's steep in parts but worth the effort.I would have done it again last month but was scuppered by my dodgy knees playing me up..

There should be a decent turnout of Grecian followers at The County Ground for this game..

crocks

I suppose I had better walk to the ground......

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Oldsmobile-88

No advance discount..!!...Not that I'm worried about a couple of quid,but it takes the sting out of £23 for a 4th Division fixture..
Clubs that charge above the £20s plenty for away fans ,should have their overpriced food outlets boycotted..

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No advance discount..!!...Not that I'm worried about a couple of quid,but it takes the sting out of £23 for a 4th Division fixture..
Clubs that charge above the £20s plenty for away fans ,should have their overpriced food outlets boycotted..
Problem with that is the food outlets may be outsourced with a contract like we had with our old terrible caterers from a decade or so back (Lindleys?), meaning they suffer a double whammy of having to pay for their kiosk but not making the money back over the counter.

Oldsmobile-88

Yep...On the assumption that the club's themselves run catering.It would be intresting to see how many clubs in the FL run their own food outlets..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yep...On the assumption that the club's themselves run catering.It would be intresting to see how many clubs in the FL run their own food outlets..
An alternative would be to boycott programmes, spend in the club shop - but I'm not sure how many supporters do either/both these days anyway. Don't go in the club bar if they have one.

budegrecian

Oldest Son back from the States for 3 days only, youngest one will be meeting up with us at Bristol, so for the first time in many a year we'll get to watch a game together. Unfortunately at 91 their Grandfather can no longer make it, which is a pity. Hopefully he'll be able to listen to it on Radio Devon though.
Should be a good turn out.

denzel

How much are we charging for away fans this year.....