• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under Tisdale, Tagg and Perryman will we .

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
That wouldn't solve the problem if he did. I believe that there were/are (?) eight share holders and a unanimous decision is required under OTR rules. Two of the original members lost money with the CVA, and view it as a means to recoup this. It might be valued on their books at one figure, but around 10 years ago, the figure quoted for a sale, was I believe £800,000 ! Dr Dave and Rightwing know a lot more than me, and could probably confirm this.
£800,000 has certainly been quoted to the Club. I think it might have been included as a clause in the long term lease that the Club signed about 3 or four years ago as an option to buy at that figure. Not sure if there is a specified time limit with this - is it over the whole period of the lease? All Trustees must surely know. :D

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only a wind up Mox, do you honestly think that the club would allow an outside entity to stitch up an important future development opportunity?
Wash your mouth out Malcolm - future redevelopment opportunity? Dirty words!

Actually it's all part of Plan C.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
£800,000 has certainly been quoted to the Club. I think it might have been included as a clause in the long term lease that the Club signed about 3 or four years ago as an option to buy at that figure. Not sure if there is a specified time limit with this - is it over the whole period of the lease? All Trustees must surely know. :D
Does anyone know if the club has the purchase of this building on their long-term wishlist should we receive a large windfall? If so, I should imagine it's way down the priority list and therefore I hope those shareholders who lost money in the CVA have a good grip if they're clinging on to the hope that they'll recoup some of it.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does anyone know if the club has the purchase of this building on their long-term wishlist should we receive a large windfall? If so, I should imagine it's way down the priority list and therefore I hope those shareholders who lost money in the CVA have a good grip if they're clinging on to the hope that they'll recoup some of it.
They're not doing too badly with the rent at the moment.

I have said on numerous occasions that the Trust should buy the building and still charge the Club the rent of c £45k p.a. until a commercial mortgage is cleared or until it is funded in some other way. The rent would go some way towards paying for a commercial mortgage.

Last edited:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're not doing too badly with the rent at the moment.

I have said on numerous occasions that the Trust should buy the building and still charge the Club the rent of c £45k p.a. until a commercial mortgage is cleared or until it is funded in some other way. The rent would go some way towards paying for a commercial mortgage.
Sounds sensible.

So the current rent is more than the 'peppercorn' rent that was originally announced?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately, since Brexit and the consequent fall of the pound the import cost of peppercorns has increased considerably. :(

Northern Red

Sounds sensible.

So the current rent is more than the 'peppercorn' rent that was originally announced?
So to answer my own question now We have No idea of how much taggy is taking out of the club with fingers in a lot of pies and nobody is questioning his accountability.

Some fans still believe We the fans own our football club

geoffwp

So to answer my own question now We have No idea of how much taggy is taking out of the club with fingers in a lot of pies and nobody is questioning his accountability.

As full of .... as always. How many times does it have to be explained though actually I think you deliberately ignore facts and truth like a few others on exeweb.

Antony Moxey

No, YOU have no idea. Who do include within your rather vague 'we'? As for fingers in pies, genuinely what has that got to do with you - the guy's entitled to earn a living away from ECFC.

As for the 'we own our football club'; how many times do you need that explained?

Last edited:

PeteUSA

As full of .... as always. How many times does it have to be explained though actually I think you deliberately ignore facts and truth like a few others on exeweb.
Geoff, my mate. We've come a hell of a long way since Northern Red's question first came up. I think that give or take, we've arrived at what he earns. It seems that not unlike Tisdale, he's being rewarded for past achievements; such as holding on to the youth system (I dont think it was called the academy then), and one or two other fairly obscure things. That doesnt explain what he does in a working week to be very much the most important individual at the club IMHO. I'm not implying anything sinister; I just think the fans should know what the chairman of the club does in a working week?