• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under Tisdale, Tagg and Perryman will we .

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I think Lez has forgotten the raison d'etre of his own website, which is to discuss and debate all things Exeter City. Regarding Tisdale, for example, of course there is a wide range of opinions, but the Trust is not obligated to act on any specific opinion.
I haven't forgot it at all!! Have I stifled debate?? I'm putting my tupeth in and rolling with it

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
****** me Lez.... "Can't argue with much of that"...... Your mid life meltdown yesterday was diametrically opposed to the views you now say "you can't argue with" :D
I can't argue that in we have a better business savvy board

I can't argue that businesses tend do do what the shareholder asks and dictates the path!!

but the fans are not share holders!! The trust is and what happened was like the customers of tescos demanding chicken be free range.. writing a mandate on it.. then the share holders thinking bugger we better listen to the customers (who know nothing if the business model of chicken) even though the price of chicken will go up double.. and then quashed as shareholders know better!! not too unlike Hugh whittingstall challenge which went no where!!

The fans are customers.. the trust shareholders.. the board are told by those shareholders to run the club

Simple business science innit

Edward..

Please do not diss the situation at hand when Tisdale was given that contract... he was an asset we as a club could ill afford to lose.. he was worth money and no one was against the deal.. we applauded it as he was off to Swansea.. we wanted him to stay.. we can drag up the thread on him stating and what a great way of keeping him..

Wasn't it Portsmouth who at the time were struggling financially, couldn't sell a player as transfer window was shut so sold Harry redknapp to Tottenham?!!

Last edited:

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster

I can't argue that businesses tend do do what the shareholder asks and dictates the path!!

but the fans are not share holders!! The trust is and what happened was like the customers of tescos demanding chicken be free range.. writing a mandate on it.. then the share holders thinking bugger we better listen to the customers (who know nothing if the business model of chicken) even though the price of chicken will go up double.. and then quashed as shareholders know better!! not too unlike Hugh whittingstall challenge which went no where!!

The fans are customers.. the trust shareholders.. the board are told by those shareholders to run the club

Edward..

Please do not diss the situation at hand when Tisdale was given that contract... he was an asset we as a club could ill afford to lose.. he was worth money and no one was against the deal.. we applauded it as he was off to Swansea.. we wanted him to stay.. we can drag up the thread on him stating and what a great way of keeping him..

Wasn't it Portsmouth who at the time were struggling financially, couldn't see a player as transfer window was shut so sold Harry redknapp to Tottenham?!!
Lez, I would comment on it if I could only understand it....

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Lez, I would comment on it if I could only understand it....
That's cool.. I rarely can read your posts as that chip on your shoulder gets in the way

malcolms

That's cool.. I rarely can read your posts as that chip on your shoulder gets in the way
I was being honest Lez...If you calmed down a bit and considered what you posted it might come out better. I'll ignore the pointless barb that followed...

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I was being honest Lez...If you calmed down a bit and considered what you wrote it might come out better. I'll ignore the pointless barb that followed...
on an iPhone in a van worse scenario ever.. trying to argue the point of fans are not the decision makers.. if we were we will be picking the team by text vote in the end..

Colesman Ballz

on an iPhone in a van worse scenario ever.. trying to argue the point of fans are not the decision makers.. if we were we will be picking the team by text vote in the end..
I think that you are being considerably disingenuous with your argument. The Trust took control of ECFC by purchasing it shareholding in the autumn of 2003. It's members (and de facto the shareholders and not the fans in general) have made just one intervention in nearly 14 years. That hardly constitutes going down the route of the abysmal failure of the Ebbsfleet experiment. They have shown remarkable loyalty to Tis. They took the decision because clearly the matter of Tisdale's contract was a matter of grave concern, and even then were not calling for "sacking" but rather the renegotiation, of it. Given that it was after one relegation, and over five years of diabolical home results, it showed considerable patience, particularly as at that time we were facing the prospect of relegation back to conference (ie the doom laden scenario that you prophesise). At any other football club he would have gone at least three years earlier.

Edward..

Wasn't it Portsmouth who at the time were struggling financially, couldn't sell a player as transfer window was shut so sold Harry redknapp to Tottenham?!!
Who could we 'ill afford to lose Tisdale' at that time? What do you honestly think would have happened?

IndoMike

I haven't forgot it at all!! Have I stifled debate?? I'm putting my tupeth in and rolling with it
No, i'm not saying you're stifling debate. I was referring to your comment about the thread being like a referendum. It's not a referendum, it's just a debate. It's a forum.

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
No, i'm not saying you're stifling debate. I was referring to your comment about the thread being like a referendum. It's not a referendum, it's just a debate. It's a forum.

My main worry with all of this is and it is a major worry that we (the trust) are stepping from ownership into the realm of fans actually running the club by referendum!!
No you misread my post I never mentioned this thread!!.. I mean the football club being run with a referendum Fromm fans on every decision made i.e managers contract, whether we play in certain competitions, how much a season ticket price should be etc etc...

Last edited: