• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Labour clearly only have themselves to blame. Out the door for quite a few of them in Westminster this time. How many remainers will vote Lib Dem ?.....I suspect quite a lot, and from both the left and the right, but how many is anybody's guess. Interested to see how many vote SNP this time round, I suspect she isn't as popular as last time but with labour being such a dogs dinner I'm not sure what the alternative is up there ?

Alistair20000

I'm not entirely convinced. I think the SNP will lose some seats, they're not as popular as they believe themselves to be. The Conservatives may even double their base there ...
On paper Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk is the Scottish Conservatives easiest target seat in Sweatieland but it was a Lib Dem seat before the SNP took it in 2015 so I find it hard to read.

Mr Jinx

Well Jinxster, you did me a good 'un with our respective projections in 2015 on the number of Lib Dem seats. This time I am going 24-34 with 15-25 gains. I think Labour may do a bit better than you think 30 - 35 losses, no seats for UKIP unless Rubber Face comes back to have a go in a Labour seat, possible clean sweep for Jimmy Crankie and a Tory majority of less than 50. 1 or 2 Greens.

Are we on ?
OK, I think I may have been a bit out in my calculations and 100-120 majority was a bit generous. That said, I think 50 is too low.

Let's say, under 50 you win, over 50 I win. Deal?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
May too cowardly to go head to head with Jeremy Corbyn in a live debate! :)

Alistair20000

OK, I think I may have been a bit out in my calculations and 100-120 majority was a bit generous. That said, I think 50 is too low.

Let's say, under 50 you win, over 50 I win. Deal?
Yep, we have a deal. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We could with CPS getting on with the charges against 30 individuals for election fraud. At the moment it looks like those Tory MPs will be safe until after this election is complete.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Here's a good reminder for those that voted to remain for vote for anyone other than the Tories, we are the enemy!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
While The Sun thinks we need a dictatorship

grecIAN Harris

Well Jinxster, you did me a good 'un with our respective projections in 2015 on the number of Lib Dem seats. This time I am going 24-34 with 15-25 gains. I think Labour may do a bit better than you think 30 - 35 losses, no seats for UKIP unless Rubber Face comes back to have a go in a Labour seat, possible clean sweep for Jimmy Crankie and a Tory majority of less than 50. 1 or 2 Greens.

Are we on ?
I wouldn't be so sure on that. There seems to be a lot of mixed messages about what people want in Scotland. Some want to stay part of Britain and be out of Europe. Some want out of Britain and stay in Europe. Then there's those who want out on both fronts and those who want to stay in on both fronts. It's the latter that will cause pundits most consternation on which way they will fall. Which flag do they want nail their colours to the most as they'll lose one way or the other?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
During my time off I resurrected my previously very short-lived blog, I've tackled the issue here:

http://thestattochronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/election-fever.html?spref=fb

Status
Not open for further replies.