• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

General Election - 8thJune

Status
Not open for further replies.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the two keys to this are:

1) How many seats will Labour lose to the Tories ? Is the Copeland by election a good guide ?

2) How far will the Lib Dems recover to take back some of the swathe of seats that they lost to the Tories in 2015, particularly in the South West ?

UKIP have imploded and I do not see them as a risk to the Tories, nor do I feel they will make much headway in the Labour northern heartlands.

This is far from a penalty kick for Teaser IMO.
It's a penalty kick with no feckin keeper Al.

Cynical Tory tactics exploiting the weakness of the opposition to bolster their ill-thought-out Brexit position.

I'd have done the same.

Alistair20000

It's a penalty kick with no feckin keeper Al.

Cynical Tory tactics exploiting the weakness of the opposition to bolster their ill-thought-out Brexit position.

I'd have done the same.
I agree that is the received wisdom on the matter but elections can have funny twists and turns.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
A potentially unifying general election makes sense. Positive leadership on display methinks.

StroudGrecian

A potentially unifying general election makes sense. Positive leadership on display methinks.
There's nothing potentially unifying about it IMHO - I suspect the motive is quite the opposite.

Leadership is an interesting one - I think May lacks the necessary charisma but there is no doubt that she is being well advised and making the most of her opportunities.

Alistair20000

I think Stroudy harbours a sneaking fancy for Teaser ;)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... Leadership is an interesting one - I think May lacks the necessary charisma but there is no doubt that she is being well advised and making the most of her opportunities.
Have to say she's turned out to be far different than I'd originally thought, probably the best Conservative leader in over a generation. That said, I always tended to vote for the party that I believed could do the best job at the time of going into an election. However, in recent years, I've found myself voting for an Independent candidate when available or a minority party rather than not vote at all. Will be having a good think in the weeks ahead ...

StroudGrecian

I think Stroudy harbours a sneaking fancy for Teaser ;)
Only if I were a betting man Al. Physically she is one of the most repulsive people I've ever had the misfortune to espy. I think I'd prefer to share a post-coital ciggie with Jezza.

Pete Martin (CTID)

No party is capable of unifying people. That's the nature of society. Different groups want different things.

To understand a state with unification of the people, look no further than North Korea.

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Quite so, Pete. My comment was a slightly tongue-in-cheek response to post #2.

angelic upstart

One of the few things that still worries me is that people still seem to think this ridiculous charade will make some sort of difference.

Your vote doesn't make a difference, nor will it.

Status
Not open for further replies.