• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe sponsorship?

Fareham Grecian

If you had managed to read or even quote my post correctly, it read TO REACH six figures. Did I say approach seven figures ? You always show a thirst for the knowledge, but your reaction completely removes any incentives for anybody to provide you with any further facts whatsoever ! (facepalm)
So why didn't you provide 'the facts' before Moxey's reaction? If you know how much it was, then using the phrase 'six figures' is just pathetic. 'Ooh, I know but I'm not telling you'. As Moxey said, it's a cop out.

Or, you don't actually know. In which case you are just trying to make out like you do know. Which is equally pathetic.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you had managed to read or even quote my post correctly, it read TO REACH six figures. Did I say approach seven figures ? You always show a thirst for the knowledge, but your reaction completely removes any incentives for anybody to provide you with any further facts whatsoever ! (facepalm)
Steady on sweetie. So it 'reached' six figures - is that £100,000 or £999,999? Both are six figures, so which one - or wherever inbetween - did it 'reach'? My thirst for knowledge is such that I'd rather you divulged the number if you know instead of giving a figure with a £900k range.

Colesman Ballz

So why didn't you provide 'the facts' before Moxey's reaction? If you know how much it was, then using the phrase 'six figures' is just pathetic. 'Ooh, I know but I'm not telling you'. As Moxey said, it's a cop out.

Or, you don't actually know. In which case you are just trying to make out like you do know. Which is equally pathetic.
Jeez another one ! This is why exeweb is on a downward spiral. I was aware of the approximate figures when a member of the BOS as one would naturally expect. However the nature of the sponsorship deal was complex so I no I can't tell you the exact figures down to the last ninepence halfpenny ! The Sponsorship at that time consisted of many different packages - Shirts, Stand naming rights, Community Initiatives, and numerous other items ! There was a basic figure topped up with bonus incentives based on performance, and league position and success. Then there during the season there were additions such as free flights provided for the team to big matches eg Man U, Wembley, prospective players being flown in for trials, competition prizes etc. Around the time of our first season back from non league it was in the ballpark of £100k, as Rightwing said, I was pointing out that it had started at a far lower figure.

It is a fantastic relationship that we have with Flybe, albeit a professional one with them expecting to get a good "bang for their buck". It certainly must be the envy of most clubs at our level, and a good number above too !

Fareham Grecian

Jeez another one ! This is why exeweb is on a downward spiral. I was aware of the approximate figures when a member of the BOS as one would naturally expect. However the nature of the sponsorship deal was complex so I no I can't tell you the exact figures down to the last ninepence halfpenny ! The Sponsorship at that time consisted of many different packages - Shirts, Stand naming rights, Community Initiatives, and numerous other items ! There was a basic figure topped up with bonus incentives based on performance, and league position and success. Then there during the season there were additions such as free flights provided for the team to big matches eg Man U, Wembley, prospective players being flown in for trials, competition prizes etc. Around the time of our first season back from non league it was in the ballpark of £100k, as Rightwing said, I was pointing out that it had started at a far lower figure.

It is a fantastic relationship that we have with Flybe, albeit a professional one with them expecting to get a good "bang for their buck". It certainly must be the envy of most clubs at our level, and a good number above too !
So 'Exeweb is on a downward spiral' in this case means that someone has asked you to substantiate a post?

I have no doubt that the Flybe connection is brilliant for the club. They are really good sponsors. What I was challenging is the attitude which is sadly prevalent amongst people who used to be on the BoS but couldn't hack it, and left without any discernible achievement and now spend their time sniping from the sidelines.

Colesman Ballz

What I was challenging is the attitude which is sadly prevalent amongst people who used to be on the BoS but couldn't hack it, and left without any discernible achievement and now spend their time sniping from the sidelines.
Personally, I served two full terms of office, until stepping down as required to under the Trust rules. I am perfectly happy with my levels of achievement.

The Trust requires members to step up to the plate. For the last few years there has been a chronic shortage of those prepared to stand for election, and stand for the Trust Board, resulting in uncontested elections and unfilled positions. May I suggest that pedantic sniping at former members, will not help this situation in any way.

Perhaps you should consider standing for office in the autumn and "putting your money where your big mouth is".

oxford don

Flybe are ripe for acquisition...their shares are falling, hopefully bottomed out in the next week...buy some...I have...

Indirectly you will be supporting the club. ;)

oxford don

Personally, I served two full terms of office, until stepping down as required to under the Trust rules. I am perfectly happy with my levels of achievement.

The Trust requires members to step up to the plate. For the last few years there has been a chronic shortage of those prepared to stand for election, and stand for the Trust Board, resulting in uncontested elections and unfilled positions. May I suggest that pedantic sniping at former members, will not help this situation in any way.

Perhaps you should consider standing for office in the autumn and "putting your money where your big mouth is".
Does the Trust board have any real clout though... looks to me that the majority of Director positions are held by non trust members ....so nothing of policy is ever going to change.
Not having a snipe..I admire people who are prepared to put the effort in and stand up and be counted .

Colesman Ballz

Does the Trust board have any real clout though... looks to me that the majority of Director positions are held by non trust members ....so nothing of policy is ever going to change.
Not having a snipe..I admire people who are prepared to put the effort in and stand up and be counted .
I think it probably does have more clout these days with the current composition of the Club Board. Historically it seemed to me that certain figures on the Club Board resented any "perceived" interference in their domains, and were prepared to ignore the Trust Board on the basis that it would never use it's "nuclear option" and call an EGM of the Club, and use the majority shareholding to force through reform and change. The CB viewed the BoS as a Cash Cow, and milking it dry, prevented it from building up cash reserves to effect significant change.
The whole emphasis up to that time had been on saving the club from oblivion, so pressing the "red button" at at time when success was being enjoyed on the field would have been widely unpopular with the Trust Membership.
Ironically financial problems under the old CB's stewardship, led to the radical restructuring in the last eighteen months. So I feel much happier now, although my personal opinion is that at least one more "waste of space" needs the heave ho.
The big conundrum however is that whilst the reason for our existence is football, the football side of the club, operates as a totally separate entity under the "triumvirate", constrained only by finance. My thoughts are that there is no accountability and drastic surgery is needed here.
Hope this helps OD, I shall now retire and find a steel helmet in anticipation of the incoming flak !

Alistair20000

I think it probably does have more clout these days with the current composition of the Club Board. Historically it seemed to me that certain figures on the Club Board resented any "perceived" interference in their domains, and were prepared to ignore the Trust Board on the basis that it would never use it's "nuclear option" and call an EGM of the Club, and use the majority shareholding to force through reform and change. The CB viewed the BoS as a Cash Cow, and milking it dry, prevented it from building up cash reserves to effect significant change.
The whole emphasis up to that time had been on saving the club from oblivion, so pressing the "red button" at at time when success was being enjoyed on the field would have been widely unpopular with the Trust Membership.
Ironically financial problems under the old CB's stewardship, led to the radical restructuring in the last eighteen months. So I feel much happier now, although my personal opinion is that at least one more "waste of space" needs the heave ho.
The big conundrum however is that whilst the reason for our existence is football, the football side of the club, operates as a totally separate entity under the "triumvirate", constrained only by finance. My thoughts are that there is no accountability and drastic surgery is needed here.
Hope this helps OD, I shall now retire and find a steel helmet in anticipation of the incoming flak !
Leaving aside whether the "waste of space" is/are TB or CB source, I would say that is a pretty fair assessment. I'll join you in the shelter !

Last edited:

LOG

My thirst for knowledge is such that I'd rather you divulged the number if you know instead of giving a figure with a £900k range.
Hi Antony. It's actually a range of £899,999.

Perhaps your skill set would be better suited to helping Fareham with his election nomination?