• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Are our floodlights up to scratch?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since I watched the football league show (or whatever its called) I've been scratching my head wondering why our floodlights appear to be about half the brightness of any of the other grounds shown. Northants Grecian mentioned it on the matchday thread, so I take it I'm not imagining it!? I can barely see the second equaliser that Olejnik should have saved.

Are our lights really as sub standard as that coverage suggests, or did the cameraman have his lens on the wrong apature? If they are, getting that sorted definitely takes precidence over the away end.

Alistair20000

Since I watched the football league show (or whatever its called) I've been scratching my head wondering why our floodlights appear to be about half the brightness of any of the other grounds shown. Northants Grecian mentioned it on the matchday thread, so I take it I'm not imagining it!? I can barely see the second equaliser that Olejnik should have saved.

Are our lights really as sub standard as that coverage suggests, or did the cameraman have his lens on the wrong apature? If they are, getting that sorted definitely takes precidence over the away end.
If you could barely see it how can you be so so judgmental on Bobby's "failure" Pate ? Just interested like.

BTW:The floodlights look O.K. to me.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Seemed dark at the ground yesterday I thought - I'm
Sure there standard lights

Silver fox

Seemed dark at the ground yesterday I thought - I'm
Sure there standard lights
The reason it looked dark was because the interior lights in the Flybe stand were not working.

PeteUSA

The reason it looked dark was because the interior lights in the Flybe stand were not working.
Whats that got to do with the illumination on the pitch? Who's the cameraman incidently, is it still one of our own?

Ashford Grecian

Having seen the highlights I don't think I will be making many trips to SJP until the winter solstice has been and gone and we have dusk after 5pm again. They looked worse than my local club that play at step 5

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I like the winter games. As long as it's not too wet or absolutely freezing it feels more atmospheric in the second half with the lights on, shame we are now regularly attacking the far end but I still like it under the lights.

I can see what people are saying about the lights and think it often feels like that as we don't have the taller pylons that a number of other clubs do. Having said that when at the game I don't have a problem seeing what's going on.

PeteUSA

I can see what people are saying about the lights and think it often feels like that as we don't have the taller pylons that a number of other clubs do. Having said that when at the game I don't have a problem seeing what's going on.
Thats a good point about Pylons Rich, but I dont know if having them over a decent set of lights along the edge of the stands would make that much difference. All I do know is that our lights all of a sudden appear to be well down on the brightness they once had. Its very noticable.

Alistair20000

I suggest we should all study the lights carefully over the next few matches and report fully on this thread.

Mr.Sparkle

Anyone know what will happen when and if grandstand is flattened and there's no where to hang the lights?