• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what about the 'Tisdale Out' Petition?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
But It isn't just the petition is it Pete, it's year upon year of emphasis on the negatives. We have seen it on here in the last couple of days. City played really good football and convincingly beat a side that until Tuesday night had been performing exceptionally well. But we still had negative responses to that. On the Pym and Grimes Under 21 call up, a massive achievement for the Club. Hardly anyone could bring themselves to give direct credit to Tisdale who had coached these two players since they were school kids. There is an inbalance on Exeweb, due to some effect admittedly to so called rose tinkers, who just decided it wasn't worth the hassle and ****ed off, closing the door behind them.

What you sow, you reap and to maintain the balance, yes, it cuts both ways.
There is an inbalance because Tisdale is ****e, that's nothing to do with Exeweb. If someone can come on and make a good argument for Tisdale then they don 't get vilified or anything, quite the opposite. Think of the abuse I've had off some on here over the last few years.

And you mention negative comments after a win, most of that is down to the fact that everytime we win (not very often) you get the weird ones on here who seem more concerned with trying to rub it in the faces of the 'negative' ones. Why cant people just enjoy the result?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
But It isn't just the petition is it Pete, it's year upon year of emphasis on the negatives. We have seen it on here in the last couple of days. City played really good football and convincingly beat a side that until Tuesday night had been performing exceptionally well. But we still had negative responses to that. On the Pym and Grimes Under 21 call up, a massive achievement for the Club. Hardly anyone could bring themselves to give direct credit to Tisdale who had coached these two players since they were school kids. There is an inbalance on Exeweb, due to some effect admittedly to so called rose tinkers, who just decided it wasn't worth the hassle and ****ed off, closing the door behind them.

Tisdale hasn't coached them since they were schoolkids though? why do people seem to think that Tisdale is behind the youth. For one, he isn't at the C&F enough to be able to do that.

LOG

I doubt it's just exeweb, i'd wager that most internet football forums lean towards negativity, not least because it's much easier to be negative. If we lose 3-0, the game can be picked apart in countless ways by people wanting to say where they thought it all went wrong. If we win 3-0 (ok, unlikely) then there are only so many ways to say such and such had a good game or they were lucky to get nil.

As for the examples you've given where people may not have given due praise to Tisdale, you're probably right (although i wouldn't agree with your "hardly anyone" description). The problem is that these are just a couple of shining lights against a backdrop of years of tedium and being a bit ****e. To throw rose petals in his pathway over a couple of highlights in the last 3 years is kind of brushing over the rest of it.

FAN-TATIC

Tisdale hasn't coached them since they were schoolkids though? why do people seem to think that Tisdale is behind the youth. For one, he isn't at the C&F enough to be able to do that.
Perhaps it's because he is the football manager. He told me years ago that his one desire was to have an indoor full size pitch so that HE could coach the younger players during the evenings, and all weathers, and the more senior players during the day. How often are you at the C&F then Shabba?

Last edited:

LOG

I don't think Shabba is expected to be there that often.

FAN-TATIC

I doubt it's just exeweb, i'd wager that most internet football forums lean towards negativity, not least because it's much easier to be negative. If we lose 3-0, the game can be picked apart in countless ways by people wanting to say where they thought it all went wrong. If we win 3-0 (ok, unlikely) then there are only so many ways to say such and such had a good game or they were lucky to get nil.

As for the examples you've given where people may not have given due praise to Tisdale, you're probably right (although i wouldn't agree with your "hardly anyone" description). The problem is that these are just a couple of shining lights against a backdrop of years of tedium and being a bit ****e. To throw rose petals in his pathway over a couple of highlights in the last 3 years is kind of brushing over the rest of it.
Log, I criticise Tisdale for his failures and praise him for his successes. I will accept that Fans Forums generally have a higher level of critics rather than praisers.

FAN-TATIC

I don't think Shabba is expected to be there that often.
She does if she wants any credibility in claiming Tisdale is not there often enough to have any input to the youth!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
She does if she wants any credibility in claiming Tisdale is not there often enough to have any input to the youth!
Why do I? How about I just know. I do talk to people you know.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps it's because he is the football manager. He told me years ago that his one desire was to have an indoor full size pitch so that HE could coach the younger players during the evenings, and all weathers, and the more senior players during the day. How often are you at the C&F then Shabba?
Years ago, being the key word here.

I would say the majority of the credit goes to Simon Hayward.

FAN-TATIC

I think that the estimated cost of £400 to £500k at the time, 2 years ago, was a concern.