• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What is it with the Tisadle hate?

TUFC9

This is exactly what we need another thread on the same topic as most of the others, astonishing but good fishing.........
No fishing. Just cannot really understand the majority viewpoint on here.

Tisdale is still a young manager who has got you promoted back to the football league and then promoted again to League 1. He has (in reality) never had a top playing budget compared to the clubs around him. Remember - we recruited your best players because we did (have the biggest budget) when we were first relegated to the Conference and he still got you promoted ahead of us regardless of this. Yes you are having tough times and the football as hard to watch at the moment BUT given the circumstances finacially what are you guys really expecting?

Is it right you have 2 England under 20 players breaking through? I mean take a season's pain for long term gain as surely you can see future seasons provide a great deal more hope?

I am sure Tisdale is not enjoying having to set up so defensively but when you are playing better teams then this is the choice that has to be made. He surely has earnt the chance to steer the club through this bad patch whilst continuing to progress the future of Exeter which has to be through youth development? One of these players makes it big then suddenly the budget will increase, the football will improve and the bandwagon fans will return? Sustainability is everything in lower league football and it seems to me you would be throwing this away with the departure of the man who has done so much for you over his time in charge.

Look what happened to us after we had the Ling incident and the (now incorrect incorrect decison) to cut ties with him. This is the blueprint many of you are wishing your club to follow and from an outsider who has experienced it I can tell you that you will regret it once all the cards have been played.

Last edited:
Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
No fishing. Just cannot really understand the majority viewpoint on here.

Tisdale is still a young manager who has got you promoted back to the football league and then promoted again to League 1. He has (in reality) never had a top playing budget compared to the clubs around him. Remember - we recruited your best players because we did (have the biggest budget) when we were first relegated to the Conference and he still got you promoted ahead of us regardless of this. Yes you are having tough times and the football as hard to watch at the moment BUT given the circumstances finacially what are you guys really expecting?

Is it right you have 2 England under 20 players breaking through? I mean take a season's pain for long term gain as surely you can see future seasons provide a great deal more hope?

I am sure Tisdale is not enjoying having to set up so defensively but when you are playing better teams then this is the choice that has to be made. He surely has earnt the chance to steer the club through this bad patch whilst continuing to progress the future of Exeter which has to be through youth development? One of these players makes it big then suddenly the budget will increase, the football will improve and the bandwagon fans will return? Sustainability is everything in lower league football and it seems to me you would be throwing this away with the departure of the man who has done so much for you over his time in charge.

Look what happened to us after we had the Ling incident and the (now incorrect incorrect decison) to cut ties with him. This is the blueprint many of you are wishing your club to follow and from an outsider who has experienced it I can tell you that you will regret it once all the cards have been played.
I tell you what, come along on Saturday and when you have finished laughing pop back on here and give us your balanced view.

TUFC9

I tell you what, come along on Saturday and when you have finished laughing pop back on here and give us your balanced view.
I tell you what - swap our reality for yours right now?

Been there, done it, asked for the managers head and regretted it ever since.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I tell you what - swap our reality for yours right now?

Been there, done it, asked for the managers head and regretted it ever since.
Did you enjoy your 4-0 win on Saturday? I see there was only 600 less at your place than turned up to watch an another abysmal home defeat at ours.

Frankly I'm not so bothered which league we are in provided we are near the top, playing attractive, attacking football and scoring goals that win games, especially at home. Tisdale's negative, boring tactics have driven away the lifeblood of this club and frankly I don't care about his past glories anymore, I just know that we are going out of business unless things change.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best manager in the division? Gary Rowett is the best manager in this division. Burton are consistently up there every season, he replaces big players successfully (Kee, Maghoma) and makes his side hard to beat at home.

My first post in three years or so.. I got fed up with the forum, in all honesty, but I'm still an Exeter fan. And, as much as anything I'm only posting this as I'm intrigued to see if my sign-on still works. I do read posts from time to time and remain utterly bemused by the ones which touch on the subject of Tisdale's salary. It seems completely clear to me that no-one has the faintest idea what he is paid. Why do people have to quote absurd figures and state things like "if rumours are to be believed...he earns x " Why should they be believed ? If I came on here and posted the following words : " I have just seen Matt Grimes and David Wheeler faklling down drunk" - which I have just 100% fabricated to make a point - I suspect there would be a fair number who would believe me.

For what it's worth, Tisdale should go. He has run out of ideas as does virtually everybody in any job, foortball or otherwise.

contrabombarde

My first post in three years or so.. I got fed up with the forum, in all honesty, but I'm still an Exeter fan. And, as much as anything I'm only posting this as I'm intrigued to see if my sign-on still works. I do read posts from time to time and remain utterly bemused by the ones which touch on the subject of Tisdale's salary. It seems completely clear to me that no-one has the faintest idea what he is paid. Why do people have to quote absurd figures and state things like "if rumours are to be believed...he earns x " Why should they be believed ? If I came on here and posted the following words : " I have just seen Matt Grimes and David Wheeler faklling down drunk" - which I have just 100% fabricated to make a point - I suspect there would be a fair number who would believe me.

For what it's worth, Tisdale should go. He has run out of ideas as does virtually everybody in any job, foortball or otherwise.
Can't disagree with most of that... I'm intrigued though by " faklling down drunk" Is that a new trendy thing? :)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Best manager in the division? Gary Rowett is the best manager in this division. Burton are consistently up there every season, he replaces big players successfully (Kee, Maghoma) and makes his side hard to beat at home.
Funnily enough, he has just turned down an approach from Blackpool.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funnily enough, he has just turned down an approach from Blackpool.
Better to get to league one as a promoted manager than a relegated one

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Hopefully blackpool come knocking on our door.