• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles unhappy with fans today

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I made my point about the similarity of the anti-Tisdale posters to a fundamentalist religious sect and I said would stop using that phrase. Are you and your fellow travellers prepared to stop using terms like "Tisdale Arse-Lickers", "Rose-tinters" and so on?

I won't hold my breath.
When did I last use them ??

You seem to love to make accusations that you rarely back up.

Anti Tisdale Taliban just seems a very strange label to use.

Last edited:

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Nichols has been banging the goals in for months - admittedly at reserve/U21 level but in the U21 games especially he may well have come up against better defenders than league two standard. He is on form and Parkin/O'Flynn are not. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing how our younger players "aren't ready", are "inexperienced" and "need protecting" (not your quotes I know). Bollox to that - they're athletes, fully grown men who deserve their shot.

On this note I want to credit Tisdale for his team selection on Saturday. He had the strength of mind to bring in JMT and Nichols to start and it paid off. Now please Tis, continue to put your faith in the youth players, they are not only bright prospects but also far better than their senior teammates. Nichols is far more likely to get a goal, and JMT actually challenged in the air, Wheeler too - and won almost every header he went for in atrocious wind and rain. Make them first-teamers until their form drops. If Nichols were to be dropped to the bench for Chesterfield now (and we all know it could happen) and we lose - expect a huge backlash from the fans. Like one poster said on here, Tis is intelligent, its basic common-sense that sometimes slips by

Bennett also had his best game of the season for us in my eyes at the back, much like he used to play there. Perhaps he should drop back alongside JMT and the impressive Grimes and Jay could have a go in the midfield? I know some people will get all paternal and say they are just babies and will get overrun, but I truly don't think they will

EDIT: I was at Accrington, and I hope the 100 or so others who made it too would agree with me that if there were any doubts whatsoever that our younger players are not man enough for the job, this game makes a mockery of that. Horrendous wind blowing to corner flag, heavy drizzle and rain for an hour, a physical Stanley side who like aerial football, a pig of a pitch, and they were again the best players on the field. So please, please, please, no more crap about them needing to be protected from the mean old wolf that is football

Last edited:

jabba the gut

Nichols has been banging the goals in for months - admittedly at reserve/U21 level but in the U21 games especially he may well have come up against better defenders than league two standard. He is on form and Parkin/O'Flynn are not. I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing how our younger players "aren't ready", are "inexperienced" and "need protecting" (not your quotes I know). Bollox to that - they're athletes, fully grown men who deserve their shot.
But doesn't Nicholls form prove the point about introducing players carefully and slowly most of the time? I'm afraid I don't agree that 18-20-year olds are all fully grown men with fully formed temperaments who can be treated in exactly the same way as experienced players - it depends on the individual player. Just looking at my 17 and 18 year-old niece and nephew and their friends of ages ranging anywhere up to 20/21 shows me that some people of that age are very mature adults with the strength to handle many things, while a few are very childlike in many ways.

Footballers are no exception - for every preternatural young talent like George there are many more who need careful handling in case their confidence is destroyed by playing them in situations they might not be ready to handle. Gosling is a case in point - a decent player, but who I recall struggling terribly in a game where it was plain for anyone close to the pitch to see that he was suffering more and more distress and that the confidence was draining out of him by by the second. Eventually Tisdale had to take him off (and IIRC was criticised by the usual suspects for doing so). Of course it often tends to be the most talented players who are the most self-assured - when you have the ability Grimes seems to have it is obviously easier to be confident and so the way he struts around the pitch is hardly a surprise.

EDIT: I was at Accrington, and I hope the 100 or so others who made it too would agree with me that if there were any doubts whatsoever that our younger players are not man enough for the job, this game makes a mockery of that. Horrendous wind blowing to corner flag, heavy drizzle and rain for an hour, a physical Stanley side who like aerial football, a pig of a pitch, and they were again the best players on the field. So please, please, please, no more crap about them needing to be protected from the mean old wolf that is football[/QUOTE]

jabba the gut

When did I last use them ??

You seem to love to make accusations that you rarely back up.

Anti Tisdale Taliban just seems a very strange label to use.

Are you saying you've never used a pejorative phrase to describe those who support Tisdale? I thought you had, but if not then I apologise.

I look forward to seeing you criticise the anti-Tisdale posters for their regular use of derisory nicknames like "rose-tinters". Why not start now?

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Because the usual suspects are so fond of adopting ever more convoluted arguments in some truly hilarious attempts to wriggle their way out of an untenable position rather than admit they might have been wrong, I fully expect to see one or more of them attempting to explain away my last post by employing some form of bizarre logic - probably something along the lines of "top-flight playerrz don't count, 'cos them's goddalodda moneee, innit."

So here are yet more examples of useless managers playing injured players in various leagues from the Championship all the way down to the Conference.

Blackburn Boss (Owen Coyle) Confident Of Team's Survival

"Junior (Hoilett)... has been playing with an injury for a while as has Yakubu (Aiyegbeni)..."

(Doncaster) Rovers v Swindon Town

"Tommy Miller was rested for Friday's game with Oldham Athletic after playing with an injury in recent weeks, but could return this afternoon."

Wrexham FC's Defensive Crisis Eases

"Dean Keates is playing with an injury and it’s a bit sore but he digs in for us, added (Manager Andy) Morrell"

(Coventry City's Carl) Baker playing with an injury for weeks

"And some of our wonderful supporters still can't help themselves to shout abuse!! Wasters!!" (For God's sake don't show the Coventry posters exeweb).

It's actually interesting to see how differently this subject is treated on other forums, considering those who claim the behaviour of the anti-Tisdale faction is nothing out of the ordinary. Posters seem to be far more sympathetic to players who've found themselves in the same predicament as Danny Coles elsewhere. I doubt Coles will be shown that kind of respect or sympathy, beyond the usual mealy-mouthed and disingenuous, "I'm sorry he's injured, but..." before launching another stream of criticism and invective in his direction. Sod the fact that the guy must be going through a very difficult time.

I guess it's too much to ask if the usual suspects have ever read the testimonies of players in Coles' situation, relating the anxiety, worry about the future and sometimes even depression that a footballer feels when having to deal with an injury requiring surgery and a long lay-off. Much more important for them to save face and deny there might be any aspect whatsoever that they may have cause to reflect on.
I enjoy logging in at work in the morning to read Jabba's brief pertinent posts. So we've moved on from comparing Tisdale to Shankly and Fergie and now we're comparing Coles with Ledley King. Bit different don't you think? Ldley never had to train and was nurtured through his career in order to get him fit enough to play. But in case you hadn't noticed he had to reture early with his inury problems so if that's your comparison I guess we'll see Coels retire soon.

You are making a pretty obvious mistake here but I don't expect you to see it. All the clubs you have quoted have huge state-of-the-art medical facilities, sports science, rehab facilities. They will be taking advice from tens of overqualified people, it's a bit different than Tisdale just playing Coles because he doesn't trust the youth.

You may post a thousand words each time but if they are of the kind of comparisons you are making then you do yourself no favours except with the other tinters who get fooled by a couple big words.

Grecian_Jay

Are you saying you've never used a pejorative phrase to describe those who support Tisdale? I thought you had, but if not then I apologise.

I look forward to seeing you criticise the anti-Tisdale posters for their regular use of derisory nicknames like "rose-tinters". Why not start now?
He didn't say that did he? He said "when did I last use them", not "I never use them". Again you do yourself no favours.

Plus is a rose tinter on a level par with labelling people as taliban?

Antony Moxey

They will be taking advice from tens of overqualified people, it's a bit different than Tisdale just playing Coles because he doesn't trust the youth.
Hwo do you know that that's what Tisdale has done and that the club hasn't been taking the appropriate medical advice?

Antony Moxey

Plus is a rose tinter on a level par with labelling people as taliban?
It's genuinely laughable that anyone would find being called Taliban hurtful, so I guess for me it's pretty much on a par with being labelled a rose tinter. You don't think people actually believe you to genuinely be part of the Taliban in real life when you've been called it on here do you?

Grecian_Jay

Hwo do you know that that's what Tisdale has done and that the club hasn't been taking the appropriate medical advice?
Oh yeah sorry Tone I forgot our estensive medical and sports science department and all the detailed physical anaylsis that goes on at the club. Now if you beleive that even without proof I feel for you big man.

Grecian_Jay

It's genuinely laughable that anyone would find being called Taliban hurtful, so I guess for me it's pretty much on a par with being labelled a rose tinter. You don't think people actually believe you to genuinely be part of the Taliban in real life when you've been called it on here do you?
Depends on your personality I presume. Personally I've been called a lot worse and have pretty thick skin so call me what you want. I just don't like hypocrits. You can't slate a poster for calling someone a rose-tinter and then in the same post call them taliban.

You would need proof before beleiving I'm part of the Taliban anyway so it's ok with youm someone like Dommers or RM would believe anything they read.