• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you're interested in former players, how about working out who is who in this E&E article...
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-legends/story-18803399-detail/story.html

Is that Rightwing from Exeweb next to Banks?
It's not me Hants as I was long gone by then.

I can however help with a few. Middle row far left is Keith Harvey. Next to him is Les McDonald. Arnold Mitchell is far right in this row. Back row second from right is Sonny Clarke.

Last edited:

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've now recognised Graham Rees second from left on the bottom row and Eric Welsh immediately to the left/infront of Sonny Clarke, and with Pete Rutley to his right,

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not Peter Shearing but Alan Barnett, innit? Next to Graham Rees on our right I think it's Derek Grace

Last edited:

AlanDevlin

PeteUSA

Is that Rightwing from Exeweb next to Banks?
No, Adrian Thorne is to Banks left in the picture, and Alan Barnett is on the right.

grecIAN Harris

I know if a player has a chance to have a crack at a higher level you can't blame him for wanting to go but I do sometimes wonder if he (not to mention us) would have been better staying at City. Everything suited Ryan at City. The team was built around his skill and ability. We all loved him. He could do virtually no wrong.

Pobbop

Well, I'm still hoping he'll come back one day. Championship football is clearly beyond him. Yet he never had any pace, so he could carry on for donkey's years at this level.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
If you're interested in former players, how about working out who is who in this E&E article...
http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-legends/story-18803399-detail/story.html

Anyone know where the piccie was taken?.

arthur

Well, I'm still hoping he'll come back one day. Championship football is clearly beyond him. Yet he never had any pace, so he could carry on for donkey's years at this level.
Completely agree. He wasn't as good as he and we thought he was. And he clearly needs an environment and a manager that can appreciate him, get the best out of him and build a team around him. I always thought he was unlikely to find that anywhere but here

PeteUSA

Anyone know where the piccie was taken?.
It was taken outside of a hotel in Torquay; the name escapes me.