• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Question of the Day

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
yes it is.. Meat and pastry...
It is, at best, a slice.

A pasty ffs?!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Oh my. I've recovered a little now, thank-you all for your concern. Quite so, Mr LOG, quite so. It's even marketed as such.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is, at best, a slice.

A pasty ffs?!
This is worse than the cream debate.

Agreed its a slice, it doesn't look owt like a pasty, it has a gravy in it. It's a chuffing slice **sigh**

Ian Sideman

Where do i start?

Their depth compromises their ratios between base and filling. Their weight can go weigh itself. Have you never had a pasty where the pastry vs filling ratio was all to **** and ruined what should have been a pleasurable experience?
Not funny.

You know what you're doing.

Looking for the hairdryer!?

StroudGrecian

Have you never had a pasty where the pastry vs filling ratio was all to **** and ruined what should have been a pleasurable experience?
IIRC we bottomed out the correct meat-to-carrot ratio, but have we discussed the pastry-to-filling ratio?

Apols for taking this off thread, but this needs to be asked.

Last edited:

LOG

IIRC we bottomed out the correct meat-to-carrot ratio, but have we discussed the pastry-to-filling ratio?

Apols for taking this off thread, but this needs to be asked.
Big old can of worms you're opening there. Did we even ever establish whether the crust should over the top or around the side? I believe that the former is the Devon way.

LOG

I have done some ratio research and all i can conclude is that there is no consistency with there being a high of 54.5% pastry and a low of 37.9%.

Mid Devon Clown

Did we even ever establish whether the crust should over the top or around the side?
Top crimp. No carrots. Potatoes should be sliced not diced.

Alistair20000

Top crimp. No carrots. Potatoes should be sliced not diced.
Exactly what another (?) poster told us.

LOG

I happened upon a box set, if that's the right terminology, of dessert forks earlier. No other choice but to go get me a cheesecake to celebrate (no compote or cream necessary).