• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anton Rodgers Signs on Loan

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hopefully we will end up with more than one signing, but if it is only one is a midfielder what we need?

We would have Bennett,Doherty,Sercombe,gosling,Davies,grimes,jagger cane,Keohane if those offered deals sign, plus would call gow more of a midfield player than an out and out forward and Dawson is supposed to be able to play midfield also.

Would have thought up front would be a bigger priority.

Grecian_Jay

Oh they can. I only saw Lee Jarman play for 45 minutes and that was enough to convince me he was one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt!

I think you can instantly tell, though, if a player looks to have something about him - which Rodgers certainly seems to. Obviously the proof of the pudding would be were we to sign him and he were to play regularly and whatnot.
I agree. I will make a judgement in the first game I see them play. Sometimes I'll be right and others I'll be wrong.

What I was getting at is with Molesley for example, I saw 45 mins and said he has nothing about him and was utter crap, everyone else said he was man of the match and many people said "how can you slag him off after 45 mins", well the same way as you can lable him brilliant after 45 mins.

wemissmoxey

Oh they can. I only saw Lee Jarman play for 45 minutes and that was enough to convince me he was one of the worst players ever to wear the shirt!
That just shows how few games you have attended.

Grecian1966

Didn't see him play but notice already that he is being judged on a few mins of football for being good, whereas a player can't be judged on a few mins of football for being bad.
I think that's reasonable comment Jay. I did watch him closely at Chesterfield and I couldn't decide. He started well and looked comfortable in possession and able to pick a pass. However, he began to fade after 60 minutes which may have simply been a match fitness issue. Did I see enough for me to think he may be worth a punt - yes. Did I see enough to get moist - not quite.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that's reasonable comment Jay. I did watch him closely at Chesterfield and I couldn't decide. He started well and looked comfortable in possession and able to pick a pass. However, he began to fade after 60 minutes which may have simply been a match fitness issue. Did I see enough for me to think he may be worth a punt - yes. Did I see enough to get moist - not quite.
Agree with this. I saw him for 25 minutes at Rotherham and thought he looked good, but he didn't have time to get knackered on that occasion.

That said, I expect he'll go to a club that can pay him more than we can, or maybe if BHA want to keep him we might get him on loan. More of a Doherty than an Oakley type player, but streets ahead of Bennett who was dreadful almost all last season after looking so promising the campaign before.

AlphaDevil2

That said, I expect he'll go to a club that can pay him more than we can, or maybe if BHA want to keep him we might get him on loan.

BHA won't loan him to us, as he has been released by them.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
BHA won't loan him to us, as he has been released by them.
Hmm, so I see now; they didn't publicise that much did they? I still think he's more likely to be taken on by a League 1 club than sign for us, but maybe the loan here will count for something.

I'd take Lawson D'ath on a season long loan.
Young, pacey and would come on well with a season of first team football.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take Lawson D'ath on a season long loan.
Young, pacey and would come on well with a season of first team football.
I'd look elsewhere. Doesn't offer much else to what we already have and I wasn't that impressed by him last season.

wemissmoxey

He had a good game against Bradford on his debut, full of running and put himself about, went downhill from there, Tis effect ??