• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Establishment of an Exeweb Redevelopment 'Think Tank'

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was clear when you posted it before. So why do you think ECC would give us 80% of the sale price of an asset they own, for no obvious reason? Council taxpayers would rightly go mental.
Simply that we would be SELLING the lease back to the City Council. I think the Council tax payers would be rather pleased that the Council actually did some good business and used that incoming net £1.5M to good effect.

Parklife

Additionally there is certainly no reason why we have to stay within the boundaries of Exeter.
Exeter City not within the boundaries of erm, Exeter city? You're on to something there.

Fareham Grecian

Simply that we would be SELLING the lease back to the City Council. I think the Council tax payers would be rather pleased that the Council actually did some good business and used that incoming net £1.5M to good effect.
You haven't begun to answer the question of why the council would pay us for a lease they gave us in the first place? Taxpayers wouldn't see it as £1.5m gained, they'd see it as £6m thrown away.

And you haven't answered any of the questions about how we would acquire a new site for the stadium.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter City not within the boundaries of erm, Exeter city? You're on to something there.
If there are no longer any suitable sites within the boundaries, then you have to look just outside.

The County showground was certainly the fifth site that we considered as part of the Drivers Jonas Project

MickStagraget

If there are no longer any suitable sites within the boundaries, then you have to look just outside.

The County showground was certainly the fifth site that we considered as part of the Drivers Jonas Project
Did you factor in the huge loss in attendance to any figures? I certainly wouldn't be getting a season ticket if the ground wasn't within reasonable cycling distance of my house, and I suspect that many more would be the same.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
You haven't begun to answer the question of why the council would pay us for a lease they gave us in the first place? Taxpayers wouldn't see it as £1.5m gained, they'd see it as £6m thrown away.

And you haven't answered any of the questions about how we would acquire a new site for the stadium.
I suggest you take a crash course in the mechanics of buying and selling leases.

As for the new site, there are a lot of suitable greenfield sites immediately surrounding Exeter that would not command the price of sites within ECC boundaries.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did you factor in the huge loss in attendance to any figures? I certainly wouldn't be getting a season ticket if the ground wasn't within reasonable cycling distance of my house, and I suspect that many more would be the same.
As an alternative I would have factored in the 'new stadium effect.'

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
The council wants us where we are I think, on a matchday there must be loads of money put into the local economy (mainly pubs I know) from home and away fans in town.
Plus, we don't want to leave SJP.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
As an alternative I would have factored in the 'new stadium effect.'
The new stadium effect!!! Don't make me laugh. That would last for one maybe two seasons. Travelling fans don't like concrete monstrosities and only really go there a couple of times.

Fareham Grecian

I suggest you take a crash course in the mechanics of buying and selling leases.

As for the new site, there are a lot of suitable greenfield sites immediately surrounding Exeter that would not command the price of sites within ECC boundaries.
Again, you don't answer the point raised but make some non sequitur. What's wrong with my logic, explain to me?

On the second point, are you suggesting that a greenfield site would be free?