• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewards

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
There was an "incident" during the stoke v Blackburn game where some black bin bags had blown onto the pitch from one of the technical areas, all of the subs, coaching staff and management where all throw out and banned as well as there kids there kids kids there kids kids kids and there pet dogs from ever entering the Britannia stadium again
Finest piece of gibberish I have seen for some time.

IndoMike

Finest piece of gibberish I have seen for some time.
It certainly is a classic of its type...Got a certain rhythm to it, to it, to it.

Antony Moxey

In terms of things like this, absolutely. It's all about frames of reference, you're out of your element if you think you have a clue what goes on at the big bank when you sit in the Doble
I never said I had a clue about what was supoosedly going on, I asked you for evidence that supporters had been banned for nothing, because you suggested that that was the case. You singularly failed to provide one instance, despite plenty of bluster and stories of threats to ban people, so perhaps you're equally as clueless as you assert that I am?

Red the Paper

Banned
Do people still stand at football matches? All very strange

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Do people still stand at football matches? All very strange
By the looks of the TV images getting on for 50,000 of them stand all game at Old Trafford, despite being provided with high-class seats. Even stranger...

I understand that Man U fans have had their ticket allocation for several away games (inc. Liverpool) cut as they refuse to sit down during the game.

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
I'm a w*nker
Got that bit right!

urinal

In the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward bo
And I'm sure the situation was exactly the same 40 years ago to someone saying something to you of similarities though?

My Granfather sure said everything to my dad about the yooth of today when my dad was a kid that my dad says to me now. Nothing's going to change mate.

It's called Generations
How about this effort ********?

And what the f*ck is a "granfather"?

Poultice

How about this effort ********?

And what the f*ck is a "granfather"?
Come on **** Pot, the Gyppo's post is pretty poor English but relatively easy to understand or to grasp the basic maison sens, that other thing left me completely in the dark as to its meaning or point.

"Genuine frontier gibberish".

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
what the f*ck is a "granfather"?
Presumably the father of your Gran...

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Nothing blinkered about it, on this thread I've already said stewards are generally crap and that they make some stupid mistakes. All I'm saying is that there would be half the number of problems if the fans acted properly. Maybe if the fans that have been rightly punished or threatened with eviction actually took some responsibility for their actions and didn't automatically claim the stewards were heavy-handed, the club would be able to react properly to genuine complaints.

And I was also a crap steward. But I could bluff my way through it.
There would probably be half as many problems as well though if Stewards used their common-sense, didn't make rules up as they go along, become overly petty and aggressive and generally get the fans back up. If they treated the fans with respect they may get some back. And I'm not just talking about kids here either, I've seen them threaten grown men with bans for offences that didn't even warrant a quiet word - difference is that the grown men don't stand for it as they know their rights, it ends up in a huge row, and all that is achieved is that the fans on the bank lose any professional respect for the people charged with our safety.

I don't think Jim Eastment would ever respond properly to complaints. The ones I've put in (2 of them) have both been genuine, and serious. Both swept under the carpet. Bondy didn't even get a response and I assume his was just as genuine and serious. If Eastment isn't careful in operating a full and proper complaints commission then he could one day find himself in deep water with some fan who's prepared to take things all the way and willing to see heads roll