• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheffield United Vs Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Well Reggie-T42 what was that you posted on here a few weeks ago about probably playing well against Rochdale and drawing, outplaying Walsall and losing and getting walloped by Sheffield United. Oh you of little faith!

Optimism gives one a warm, relaxing feeling. You should try it sometime!;)
My attitude is see it as it is at the time and predict the future based on what you have seen. If I predict something abyssmal and it turns out to be better than that then I will be happy. I should carry on predicting poor results, it seems to work. The team certainly has a return of confidence, which has been one of the main reasons for our poor start to the season. I am now delighted to see what is happening, but like you, I feel our next 4 matches are going to be every bit as hard as anything we have had so far. All I can say...."Bleddy glad I was there yesterday, how about you?";)

Last edited:

Last edited:

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
If the keeper has his legs astride as the attacker closes down on him, it is usually successful if you guide the ball between his legs at pace. His chances of closing his legs in time in such situations is very slim.

But then, when I played I was a centre forward and Pete was a goalkeeper. Thus we view the situation from a different perspective.
It's a good job you were a forward, your legs are so f ing bandy you would have made a crap goalie;)

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Another poor crowd in numbers"

Must be hell struggling along with 17k gates. :D

supercity2007

How many grecians were there? radio guessed at four to five hundred but would have expected a few more.
so we cant count you in that number even though you expected more

Grecian2K

Thanks Dan. Super report - always good to see the view from t'other end.

Oh, and w*nkey-crankey Pate, please note the comments about OUR keeper. It seems that, just as with Jonah, almost everybody other than you seems to see how good our keepers actally are.

Still, I guess the view was better from Cravendale Az than it was for all of us in the Bramall Lane Stand.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly well done to the city fans who went. Absolutely brilliant vocal support all match. Never let our heads drop, I haven't seen our fans in that good a voice for years. Keep it up! SIEGE!

Though Nardiello caused them loads of trouble all game. Good to see he's got a bit of confidence going at the moment. Noble looked lively some clever interplay in the midfield and hit a great goal from a long way out, a tiny deflection but nothing which really altered the shot, their keeper probably should have got a hand to it but it was a cracking hit anyway.

Golbourne should have seen red, what on earth he was playing at I don't know. Tis did the right thing taking him off - liability in a word - hopefully Tis reads him the riot act about that.

Arturs goal was peppered all game and he pulled off a couple of great saves, not much he could have done for the goals. Our defence was entirely to blame for all 4 of them to be honest. Danny Coles is bloody awful. I couldnt believe the crowd actually gave him a chant, utter dogsh*te, I can defend better than him and I'm gash. Amusingly he missed an uncontested header just as the crowd were giving him a chant, completely incompetent.

Going forward both sets of teams looked good but at the back both teams were diabolical. Tully, Golbourne and Coles in particular were the culprits at our end.

As for their fans, we outsang them for the entire match, some fat sheffield fan decided to try and start on me outside the ground and apparently (although I didnt notice it,) tried to spit at me, he kept saying he was going to head butt me and didnt like him when i told him to stop talking about it and do it. All mouth no balls. Totally unprovoked as well which is a bit unusual, I'm normally at fault for instigating or rilling people up but this time I actually had done nothing to warrant it. Anyway a disappointing lack of action from the lad, I thought northerners were supposed to be more all action kind of people than us soft southern fairies but seems like this isnt actually the case.

Grecian_Jay

Firstly well done to the city fans who went. Absolutely brilliant vocal support all match. Never let our heads drop, I haven't seen our fans in that good a voice for years. Keep it up! SIEGE!

Though Nardiello caused them loads of trouble all game. Good to see he's got a bit of confidence going at the moment. Noble looked lively some clever interplay in the midfield and hit a great goal from a long way out, a tiny deflection but nothing which really altered the shot, their keeper probably should have got a hand to it but it was a cracking hit anyway.

Golbourne should have seen red, what on earth he was playing at I don't know. Tis did the right thing taking him off - liability in a word - hopefully Tis reads him the riot act about that.

Arturs goal was peppered all game and he pulled off a couple of great saves, not much he could have done for the goals. Our defence was entirely to blame for all 4 of them to be honest. Danny Coles is bloody awful. I couldnt believe the crowd actually gave him a chant, utter dogsh*te, I can defend better than him and I'm gash. Amusingly he missed an uncontested header just as the crowd were giving him a chant, completely incompetent.

Going forward both sets of teams looked good but at the back both teams were diabolical. Tully, Golbourne and Coles in particular were the culprits at our end.

As for their fans, we outsang them for the entire match, some fat sheffield fan decided to try and start on me outside the ground and apparently (although I didnt notice it,) tried to spit at me, he kept saying he was going to head butt me and didnt like him when i told him to stop talking about it and do it. All mouth no balls. Totally unprovoked as well which is a bit unusual, I'm normally at fault for instigating or rilling people up but this time I actually had done nothing to warrant it. Anyway a disappointing lack of action from the lad, I thought northerners were supposed to be more all action kind of people than us soft southern fairies but seems like this isnt actually the case.
Fascinating as ever.

Last edited:

lmartin

Administrator
Love this bit... particularly the bold.

Crowd/Atmosphere – A flat atmosphere from the home fans for much of the game despite our comeback and 4 goals. I thought for such a small following their fans were tremendous and sang their hearts out all game. We seemed stunned as we went behind, then found our voice as we came back but then seemed unable to know what to do as we t*ssed away goal after goal and at the end their was the expected smattering of boos as we had coughed up 4 goals at home to a struggling side and were unable to win the game giving up leads twice.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
some fat sheffield fan decided to try and start on me outside the ground and apparently (although I didnt notice it,) tried to spit at me, he kept saying he was going to head butt me and didnt like him when i told him to stop talking about it and do it. All mouth no balls. Totally unprovoked as well which is a bit unusual
Ah so it was you then on the recieving end of that fat tw*t. I was the one that brought it to your attention about him spitting at you. Another face to the name, not so anonymous anymore! ;)