• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'BIG' news tomorrow

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there a chance of a retractable roof on the away end? I would love to see it slide back and uncover the away end should it begin to rain.
Bit expensive on the off chance that Argyle ever get back up to us.

malcolms

This is early stage stuff (early ish). There are many questions to answer and I'm guessing the plans won't go through precisely as planned because they never seem to. It seems like it was late in coming because it was done properly.

Didn't really know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised with what was on display.

If a big part of the plan relies on building something new on the old school building, one has to assume it's not been left to chance. Not sure whereabouts you're based Malcoms but it is worth a look if you can get there and I'm sure there'll be more online detail in due course.
Based in Surrey so difficult..

I suspect it hasn't been left to chance or shouldnt have been. However, it seems odd that it is now possible to knock down the St James School building with the attendant capital gain for OTR directors when this didnt seem possible when the Doble stand was originally built. In principle, I don't begrudge the OTR guys a return on their investment but when one or two are closly involved with the club, you have to be careful that conflicting interests don't come into play.

Grecian_Jay

Now I do like a good moan but not sure how people are finding so much to moan about on this subject. It's only initial plans for now, hardly like it's being built tomorrow.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Based in Surrey so difficult..
Must be frustrating being exiled at times like this but I'm sure you'll get a better picture asap as more stuff goes online. The plans seem exciting and there'll be plenty more to discuss I'm sure.

Poultice

However, it seems odd that it is now possible to knock down the St James School building with the attendant capital gain for OTR directors when this didnt seem possible when the Doble stand was originally built.
While many of our fans are gleefully knocking the Gargs for bellying up to property developers perhaps we should should be taking a look at ourselves.

Phil Sayers

Congratulations to RW and everyone else involved in this. It looks fantastic and I would beg to differ with ******** when he says there is nothing new. What is new is that the enabling development doesn't just deal with a chunk of the cost but is planned to deal with ALL of the construction costs. Obviously planning it is easier than doing it but the planning is very impressive.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh right, cos of course a model and some bigger pictures would make all the difference, I wonder if they will give some of you youngsters some crayons and a sheet of paper so you can add to the whole experience.

For the umpteenth time, same old news, same old premise, same old Suits having a bean feast, same old media whores sucking it up.

I'm not trying to detract from the plan itself nor the efforts of some which have gone into it, RW himself has worked long and hard on it and deserve praise for that alone, but there is nothing new here, the OG had to go one day and to pay for that we would need someone else to stump up, when the developer moves his diggers on to the sight I shall believe, until then I will let immature hype junkies like Joe run around with their new bag of sweets trying to convince the world that a few pictures and a statement of intent are real.

Pictures of two new stands and some flats was what I said.
Seeing as we all knew that it was only going to be initial plans that were revealed today, would there have been anything that would have actually impressed/satisfied you?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Now I do like a good moan but not sure how people are finding so much to moan about on this subject. It's only initial plans for now, hardly like it's being built tomorrow.
Jayne, are you having a difficult day?

It's not difficult to see why Polly has his Trust voodoo doll out and is incessantly ramming pins into it.

What exactly were you expecting in this announcement?

There is absolutely nothing set in stone here. No news on the lease, no news on tie ups... it's exactly as any of us could have predicted 6-12 months ago.

Now, I'm not knocking the hard work of Rightwing et al, but there really is nothing to see here.

No pun intended, but when it's set in concrete, we know how long a new lease is and Mr Moxey and his motley band of surveyors is quickly followed by the demo guys and diggers, then you'll have something to talk about.

Until then, it's all hypothetical bluff.

chrisnaan

that the shareholders in OTR will at best get their money back
OTR (Exeter) Limited is a guarantee company, and as such has no shareholders.

Here is a little text about the assets of a guarantee company form http://www.sfsgo.com/guaranteecompany.asp
A guarantee company does not have shares. The members of the company do not own the company but are the decision makers for the company. This means that the profits of the company cannot be distributed to the members through dividends and that they do not have any claim upon the assets of the company.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
What is new is that the enabling development doesn't just deal with a chunk of the cost but is planned to deal with ALL of the construction costs.
Costs of a major project like this never alter during the course of planning and construction do they Phil?

Hyperbole.

Last edited: