• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sir Tiz up to number 20.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I remember correctly that isn't right. Whether you take it as the date he took over temporarily or when he took the job officially he was still before Tisdale. I'll dig out the appropriate links later.
I agree with you, but Harvey took legal action about it didn't he, for some reason? It's all a blur now!

CWH-NYC_

Up another spot! When the decide to update the page.

Mark Wakeley

##URL REMOVED##/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers Number 7

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Poultice

7th spot according to Wiki, less than half the league managers have more than one year in situ, must take that long to get to know the names of all the staff at a football club.

budegrecian

Anyone know how he ranks in terms of City's longest serving managers ?

Incontinentia

Anyone know how he ranks in terms of City's longest serving managers ?
I didn't know (had to look it up). Tis will have been here five years next month, just ahead of Peter Fox. Johnny Newman was here 1969-76, George Roughton (1945-52) and Billy McDevitt (1929-35). He might yet overhaul those, but has a little while until he troubles Arthur Chadwick (1908-22). Interesting to read on Wikipedia that Chadwick died while watching a game at St James Park in his retirement in 1936.

Last edited:

budegrecian

I didn't know (had to look it up). Tis will have been here five years next month, just ahead of Peter Fox. Johnny Newman was here 1969-76, George Roughton (1945-52) and Billy McDevitt (1929-35). He might yet overhaul those, but has a little while until he troubles Arthur Chadwick (1908-22). Interesting to read on Wikipedia that Chadwick died while watching a game at St James Park in his retirement in 1936.
Thank you for the comprehensive reply.
As you say, don't see him overhauling Arthur Chadwick but I'd like to think he will stay long enough to pass the other three.

Poultice

but has a little while until he troubles Arthur Chadwick (1908-22).
Does he lose 4 for WW1 ?

davecg

Not a question you see very often on a football website....

Still 7th I see. Hmn, I wonder what the chances are of Tis climbing a place this season.

Let me guess, a load of fans are thinking "more chance of City manager being 92nd on the list".