• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Invisible Mode

i o city

As I say, I don't do multis.

Why doesn't anyone believe me?
Are you saying you only do singles?

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Back at cha.

angelic upstart

Nah, no multis at all, eh? Certainly none that would render both a "Yay" and a "Nay" on a "Yay or Nay" thread.
Yes none. Check.

PeteUSA

I brought this up a few years ago, and ecfcgirl (who wasnt a mod then), told me in no uncertain terms, that she likes to remain anonymous when she wants too.

I cant see the point of being 'a lurker' but a lot of people do it. It doesnt make a lot of sense, because most posters use 'an alias' anyway.

Whats the point? You only need to 'log off' and you can still read all of the forums. You're user name would only display when you logged on to make a comment?

Swanaldo

Invisible mode is for people who think they are more important than they actually are.

LOG

Invisible mode is for people who think they are more important than they actually are.
Is the correct answer.

10 points and thread closed.

PeteUSA

Is the correct answer.

10 points and thread closed.
With respect LOG, I dont think thats the correct answer, but I'm still not sure why people remain 'lurkers'! As I said previously, ecfcgirl might be the best one to ask why 'lurking' isnt advantageous to anyone, since as I said, she originally put forward a strong objection to being identified.

I'll leave that to you to enquire though, as she hasnt been in a very good mood for three days now.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can;t exactly remember what my objection was but I imagine it went something along the lines of...being female on a male orientated forums us girls do tend to get some pretty weird pm's if we're showing as being online. I can honestly say it's not happened that much on Exeweb and definitely not for a few years since I became staff but it's happened to me quite a few times on other forums and being invisible does seem to stop it. Not sure why but it works.
Anyway, as I am staff on here it helps me to sneak up on you all when you're not looking!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
To stop female stalkers
Which of our female members are stalkers then?:p

LOG

Note to Hants.

When you post every 5 minutes, the invisible mode isn't as effective.

Here to help.