• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kightly - Grays

ChallinorisaGOD

Or is he.....

Apparently Michael Kightly has moved to Wolves on loan with a view to a £125k move in January when the transfer window re-opens. IMO it was always obvious he was going somewhere bigger and better he was too good for this league and I believe he can copy Parry at Cardiff to establish himself in that league. But Grays team does appear to be going down the pan a bit with McLean gone on loan and now this, they may get a couple hundred thousand coming their way in January though if both players adjust to the new clubs and leagues.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Grays do get the money quoted for those two players,it will be intersting to see if the Chairman/team manager,will re-invest the money in the team.
Will he trust his own judgement if he decides to buy replacements?
After all a Chairman can always blame a manager for a poor buy on the playing front.But the buck this time,really will stop with him.

LammieLammieLammie

Interesting one this one.

I have met Mickey Woodwards (briefly!) and I really liked him. Putting himself in charge though, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Surely he has no credibility in the dressing room?

The interesting one will be seeing where Thurgood ends up ....

Ian Sideman

I agree. Wouldn't it be fantastic to see Thurgood coming here? Rumour is that he will follow very soon behind McLean. No harm in hoping...

ChallinorisaGOD

It would be amazing to see Thurgood here Ian, unfortunately I think he is of similar calibre to Kightly and hence if he was to leave would probably end up in League One at a minimum. But what would become of Grays team if that were to happen? Should we make a cheeky bid for any of their players if they appear to be in a selling mood?! For me there is a few players I would love to see here...

Gozzer

I thought Kightly was the best of the Grays side we played so often last season. Considering what Grays got the departing players for, it certainly looks like good business. The interesting thing, as Olds pointed out, is seeing whether that money gets re-invested in the team. Grays could turn out to be Conference big-spenders, or they could repeat the process of taking on another bunch of rejected players and developing them.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
i think its excellent news for us - because Grays losing there best players will only improve our chances of getting into the playoffs.

im delighted keep selling Grays.

LammieLammieLammie

Has this move actually happened? There is no news on either club website, and he is still shown on the Grays website (unlike McClean who was removed from the player section within about 10 minutes!)

finetime

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Grays to lose another ?....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/o/oxford_utd/6146736.stm

Something fishy is going on there.

id love to get him on loan.....

Last edited: