• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So what next for the Pilgrims ?

I

irishgreen

So LL was right way back in June 2003 when he predicted the Greens would go up as Champions ! (bless him)

Two titles in three seasons, Div 1 footy next year, RAWS still in the conference, days don't get much better than this.

But where will it all end ?

Can we go from strength to strength and consolidate in Div 1, or are we to believe the RAWS and think we'll soon be back in div 2 ?
Mind you they said we would be back in Div III some time ago and were once again proved wrong ! Not hard I know.

Or should we get carried away by the euphoria of yesterdays celebrations and dream of Premiership football ?

Think not.

But we can be a good Div 1 team, and I believe we have the right Manager to achieve this.

Torquay will probably lose in the play offs, which I think would be a blessing, as they would have a miserable season in Div 2.

As for the RAWS ?
Unlucky to miss 5th spot this time around, if they can keep "Devine" etc, they should do better next year and make the play offs, but I think its safe to rule out the title.

It must be hard watching Sky and BBC South West at the mo RAWS, have you thought about counselling ?

On a serious note though, for you historians and anoraks, have our two teams ever been further apart as they will be come August 2004 ? This has got to be an all time low for all RAWS who hate the mighty Argyle, how do you sleep at night ?

Great day yesterday, Great season, Great future ?
and we're already in the hat for the F.A. Cup 3rd round next season

Keep it real :lol:

IrishGreen

Relagation

Ian Tarr

Personally I couldn't give a monkey's about Argyle.
Good luck to them. They are irrelevant to us at the moment, although almost certainly not for ever.

There was a celebration at SJP yesterday. As an outsider you would probably wonder WTF that was all about.

You'd have to be a Grecian to understand. It was only partly related to anything that's happened on the pitch lately, although under the circumstances, with both hands perhaps justifiably tied behind our back, there is cause for a good deal more hope for the future on the pitch than we could ever have thought a few months back.

The celebration was mostly about what some immense people have achieved behind the scenes at ECFC since the summer.

Our club has been the victim of various kinds of utterly diabolical leadership for a long time now. Ineptitude and inertia were followed by the thoroughly reprehensible.

Now, more than at any time in the 50-odd years I have been a City fan, we actually have hope for the future. This hope is based on the fact that we now have excellent people running our club, and upwards is the only conceivable direction for us now.

There are a lot of hurdles to be overcome, and it will take time, but I would like to think that if we all came back here in, say, ten years time, we will have seen ECFC achieving more than they ever have before, both on and off the pitch.

Good luck to Argyle, and even to the Gulls. But frankly, what you achieve is not important to us.

See you in ten years time. Goodbye, Banter Base.

D

Dr_Green

:D

A

antho_city

Who`s the gezzer with the celtic shirt on!!! :D
Well done on ya promotion.To be honest i didn`t really care like all other 8k city fans yesterday AT SJP.{god wouldn`t Torquay be proud of that}

So as you are 3 leauges apart does that mean you are leaving the site?

O well good luck and all the crap and maybe a FA cup draw someday!!

green un

:shock:

Back then....

Unlucky for yesterday. No, I really really mean that. Just as we accepted your best wishes for our forthcoming battle royale with the Rs, who were as gracious in defeat as I have ever seen.

Big Bobby's green & white army go marching on to Division 1. Sweet.... :lol: :lol: 8)

Dobley

Dr_Green said:
Whatever. We'll meet again.

D

Dr_Green

LOL @ paint shop pro magician. Obviously our promotion really gripped your schitt. Good. :lol:

Dobley

Not at all Doc. Whilst I would have preferred Argyle to crash and burn this season, I pretty much reckoned last summer you'd be on the up (whilst Im on it, Im glad I didnt take that double or nothing Trev. :wink: ).

But dont for one second beleive that this massive win of yours puts you in an invincible position. Three divisions apart and seemingly poles apart in every other aspect, don't beleive for a second you'll keep City down.

Someone asked somewhere recently how we sleep at night with such a distance exisiting between us? The answer - in the knowledge that this is as big as the gap will ever get.

Enjoy the start of next season.

green un

Dobley,

As big as the gap will ever get? Probably. I don't anticipate a further promotion in the short term, but nothing is inconceivable, certainly not with the momentum that we've got going. I also don't see you dropping out of the Conference, unless something unforeseen happens off the pitch to derail things completely. But the gulf between us has never been as big as it is now. That'll do for me 8)

If you still think that we'll feck up at some point (your final line seems to suggest a hope that we'll crash heavily next season) you surprise me. This is the new improved Plymouth Argyle; regarded as one of the best run clubs in English football. Have the last three Mccauley free years not taught anybody anything?

g u