• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

DJ's Playing in Exeter.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I noticed that Trevor Nelson played a set at one of the Quay clubs,this weekend.It reminded me of other 'national radio' DJ's who have played in the city at the various clubs.
I remember seeing Noel Edmunds & DLT(when they were the main men on Radio 1) playing DJ sets at the Routes club in 1979.Im sure Gary Davis did one there as well.
Anyone remember any other well known DJ's playing at other venues in the city?

ecfc andy

Colin Murray and Zane Lowe both played at the Lemmy last year

jabba the gut

I noticed that Trevor Nelson played a set at one of the Quay clubs,this weekend.It reminded me of other 'national radio' DJ's who have played in the city at the various clubs.
I remember seeing Noel Edmunds & DLT(when they were the main men on Radio 1) playing DJ sets at the Routes club in 1979.Im sure Gary Davis did one there as well...
Im sure Trevor Nelson will be delighted to be mentioned in the same sentence as Noel Edmunds, DLT & Gary Davis! (Just don't let him find out where you live, that's all I'm saying).

Brian Moore

I saw Bruno Brookes at the Riverside back when i should have known better.

B

Bastin-Stander

Dance acadey in Plymouth was far better to see DJ's, far better then the crappy Exeter nightclubs but alas it had drugs problems and was closed in June.

Pendilum played their a fair bit and I have the feeling may be coming to the Pheonix in Exeter soon (again). Good old drum and bass!

Brian Moore

How can one DJ be better than another - all you do is stick a record on every now and again - isnt that right Pip? All these dance DJ's are just talentless pricks who couldnt learn to play an instrument.

B

Bastin-Stander

How can one DJ be better than another - all you do is stick a record on every now and again - isnt that right Pip? All these dance DJ's are just talentless pricks who couldnt learn to play an instrument.
Is this directed at me? If so im afraid your talking sh*te if refering to PROPER DJ's who do their own mixing live eg in Kiss etc in Ibiza. The idiots in Arena just use Itunes and a laptop and get payd 300 quid a night.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Im sure Trevor Nelson will be delighted to be mentioned in the same sentence as Noel Edmunds, DLT & Gary Davis! (Just don't let him find out where you live, that's all I'm saying).
lol jabba....Im just showing my age.If Ken Bruce did a set i would be first in the queue.

jabba the gut

lol jabba....Im just showing my age...
You and me both. For example I have absolutely no idea who Zane Lowe is.

Last edited:

GrecianInWales

Re: DJs Playing in Exeter.

I remember Steve Lamacq playing in Exeter many moons ago and towards the tailend of the 90s, while I was still living in Devon, Fabio and Grooverider used to play Timepiece reasonably often.