• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Frank Lampard

It's about time he pulled his finger out and started to give as much as Owen Hargreaves does. Does he really want to play for England? Other than that, I'd like to see what Andrew Johnson can do over ninety minutes.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
....Oh dear.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know what you mean Ian, but Lampard does look well out of sorts to me. He can't seem to hit a pass to a striker to save his life at the moment, even for chelsea he hasn't sparkled for a while. I can't help thinking he needs a break, or he's not happy in his personal life somehow (maybe reading too much into it now!)

finetime

I know what you mean Ian, but Lampard does look well out of sorts to me. He can't seem to hit a pass to a striker to save his life at the moment, even for chelsea he hasn't sparkled for a while. I can't help thinking he needs a break, or he's not happy in his personal life somehow (maybe reading too much into it now!)
Hugely hugely overrated player. I was laughed out of my local for saying he wasn't *all that* before the WC but it all went quiet when I went back in during the Andorra game. Take away his deflected free kicks / long range strikes and he's just another average centre mid.

Ian Sideman

Interesting view Aldous. I'm tempted to agree with you. I wouldn't describe Frank Lampard as an average central midfielder, but I do think he's overrated.
This season could be challenging for Lampard. I think he may be hugely over-shadowed next to Ballack, who's a real class act.

As for England, I think Lampard's certainly in the squad, but I'm astonished he, and others get selected in front of Kevin Nolan. Nolan has everything. It just goes to show there are still some unfashionable clubs around.

Ian

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
How can anyone question Frank Lampard ??.

For me Frank is a top top player - very consistent , scores goals for Chelsea & England at a very good rate & works his socks off in the middle of the park.

Average Midfielder ??......Sorry not for me.

The Blokes proved season after season what a top player he is - he hardly ever gets injured and plays alongside JT nearly every game for Chelsea.

Top Top Player IMO.

finetime

How can anyone question Frank Lampard ??.

For me Frank is a top top player - very consistent , scores goals for Chelsea & England at a very good rate & works his socks off in the middle of the park.

Average Midfielder ??......Sorry not for me.

The Blokes proved season after season what a top player he is - he hardly ever gets injured and plays alongside JT nearly every game for Chelsea.

Top Top Player IMO.
Yeah 100% right he was amazing in the world cup, wasn't he? As for works his socks off - are you serious?? I don't think I've seen a supposedly 'world class' player have some many games where he is nearly anonymous! Did he do anything against Andorra? What did he do against Greece aside from scoring from (another) lucky deflection? The whole badge kissing and prancing around after he scored as if to say "see, you were all wrong about me at the WC. I AM great, look I CAN score (deflected) goals" made me feel nausous.

Good to see our new English manager is picking players based on form rather than that nasty Swede foreigner who only picked his mates and players he was too scared of dropping.

Lampard has been poor for the past 6 months, no matter how many times Andy Gray tells me how "quality" he is.

grecIAN Harris

Interesting view Aldous. I'm tempted to agree with you. I wouldn't describe Frank Lampard as an average central midfielder, but I do think he's overrated.
This season could be challenging for Lampard. I think he may be hugely over-shadowed next to Ballack, who's a real class act.

As for England, I think Lampard's certainly in the squad, but I'm astonished he, and others get selected in front of Kevin Nolan. Nolan has everything. It just goes to show there are still some unfashionable clubs around.

Ian
It's bad enough that we've got the likes of Andy Johnson and Phil Neville in the England squad. Now you want add Kevin Nolan to it????????? Who's squad are we trying to get together here? An international one or a mid table Premiership side?? Next you'll be telling me that you Titus Bramble in at centre half.

Ian Sideman

Titus Bramble....now you ARE extracting the U.

Scott Parker - now you're talking. What's the problem with Nolan? Does everything well and scores plenty. And in an average side.

Ian

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Like Gerrard, you mean?