• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle win MASSIVE six pointer!!!

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Argyle won their first relegation six pointer tonight in front of a massive 4700 at Colchester, the locals really came out tonight to check out the first championship side to play at home this season, with the phrase 'plymouth who?' and 'Uninspiring football' heard all round!

P

pauldiamond

i like the way the sky sports reporter said 'plymouths two best players were their centre-halfs. says it all in my mind, really'. aparantly colchester played some decent stuff

Grecian2K

Sh*t.

Guess thats the Scum TWENTY THIRD then come next May.

Ah, well. Cummmonnnn you SOUTHENDERS! ;)

PS: Just to cheer the Colchesters:
I vaguely recall the Unmentionables won their first away game last season.
Against who (or whom)?
Reading wasn't it??
As they say on Question of Sport...."What Happened Next?"
(Colchester for the Prem! Get yer money on ;) )

Last edited:

IJN

From someone who WAS there, we came, we saw, we conquered.

Just to lift your spirits boys, Layer Road is worse than St Aimless.

I admire the way you lot continue to glance up THREE leagues, but it was me heart wrenching.

older-codger

What a pathetic attendance for their first game ever in the Championship! There is no way they will survive the costs of Championship football on crowds of this size - relegation assured I reckon.

MattyD

Two managers at my work, both Argyle season ticket holders, were expecting to lose or at least struggle but i reckon you should have won this easily so no real surprise at the result. Colchester out!

Last edited:

IJN

older-codger said:
What a pathetic attendance for their first game ever in the Championship! There is no way they will survive the costs of Championship football on crowds of this size - relegation assured I reckon.
..........and remember, there was about 850 of us there as well.

IJN said:
Just to lift your spirits boys, Layer Road is worse than St Aimless.
I just don't damn well beleive you.

Grecian2K

Would like to point out that Just 15 years ago Colchester (like us) were about to start their own fourth season in the CONFERENCE.

Time can be a great healer can't it....personally I can't wait for 2021-2 when the likes of ECFC, Southend (and even maybe the Turkeys) are set to battle it out in the Championsh*t while the Scummers are preparing to enjoy the undoubted delights of Forest Green, Altrincham.....and, oh yes, WEYMOUTH! ;)

Poultice

Only 850 of the Mighty Green Army, was there a reunion on down the jobcentre ? Or a BOGOF amongst the whores down Union Street.